UNO results are in!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trucker girl:
I used a permanent marker to note the color of the card since I didn't know how deep we would be and I didn't know how dark it might get. You won't need to do this for a pool or if you are playing in decent lighting. We were at 28 feet and it was fairly murky but we could see all the colors well.

I would suggest NOT writing the colors on the cards. Perhaps a smallish R, Y, G, or B in the top left/bottom right corners but definitely not across the center part of the card- they are slightly transparent and you can read what color it is. And I know scuba-people like to cheat... I have now officially lost 3 (THREE!) games of scubuno!

trucker girl:
I would suggest NOT writing the colors on the cards. Perhaps a smallish R, Y, G, or B in the top left/bottom right corners but definitely not across the center part of the card- they are slightly transparent and you can read what color it is. And I know scuba-people like to cheat... I have now officially lost 3 (THREE!) games of scubuno!

LOL... You're on a roll!!:D

Hahaha!! Well, actually, I hadn't even though about your bouyancy... but I thought it was pretty good! See I can actually be nice! I know, it's a rarity! :wink:

While I'm being nice... I gotta say, I love your new word creation.... "scubuno"!! It's great!!

Oh... and I got off at 7, but did work 12 hours... I HATE 7-7s or actually ANY 12 hour shifts! I'm back for another one tomorrow. Ugh.

Is this what I have to look forward to in quarry diving? UNO??????

Wildcard:

LOL :D Well... it seems that a few people are already going out to buy the UNO H2O cards!!! I think it might actually catch on! LOL Actually... our quarry options are limited around here, unless one can afford to do an overnight or weekend every time they wanna dive... so we were just trying to break the monotony with a little something fun... and it worked. There are actually some neat things to see... but it does get boring looking at the same thing over, and over, and over. Of course, we don't have the colorful reef fishies to look at either! LOL

Wildcard:

Well, we don't have Manta Rays or nurse sharks... we have to find SOMETHING!

Oh- and if you want to go to 60 feet... you'll have to endure 45 degree water- Notso_Ken took me to the tubes at Gilboa- I've never actually gone over there before... he wanted to stay and play and I made it clear, "I'm OUTTA here!"

It made the rest of the water seem nice and warm in comparison, though!

erparamedic:
LOL... You're on a roll!!:D

Yep.

I was thinking to day that the Uno rules need to be modified slightly due to air consumption issues. To avoid long, dragged out games, I don't think you should have to draw until you "get" a card to discard. There are two ways to play: Your opponent lays down a blue 3. have neither a blue card nor a 3. You draw until you get a blue, a wild or a 3. OR you draw one card and that's that.

In the interests of shorter games, I say we switch to draw one card- especially if you have more than two players.

Also- what is the rule on a draw 2 or draw 4? Does the drawee just draw and then it's the next players turn? Or does the drawee draw and then discard? When I played with Notso_Ken, he drew and then said it was my turn (no discard). Thoughts? I lost my "rule" cards- I never hole punched them because they looked like they wouldn't stand up to it if you did.

Also- Uno H20 has 2 special "water" cards. They are "splash wild" cards. There is a draw 1 splash and a draw 2 splash. It means all the other players have to draw a card and you get to pick the color. I took those out because of potential underwater confusion and the lack of ability to explain verbally- it would be too hard to do on my little slate...

Yes, but UNO? Seems to me UW strip poker would be more fun.

Back
Top Bottom