UNO results are in!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

erparamedic:
I am the one with the pink reg, pink snorkel, blue mask, and colorful hoses.

TG is the one with the black reg, pink mask, yellow snorkel, and black hoses.

Oh... and TG has a beanie, and I have the floatie hair.

Geesh, erparamedic, why don't you give away ALL our secrets?

You're supposed to say "I'm the one with the fins and she's the one with the mask." Keep 'em on their toes...

And it's a BOTTOM beanie... not just a beanie. This is very, very important.

Reggae Joe:
I want to play too...

Trucker girl, many thanks again for coming up with the idea. This would be a great project for some sort of charity fundraiser too, similar to how people sponsor divers to play underwater Monopoly.

If you want to try it in a pool during the GLWC M and G, I know a good LDS with an indoor heated pool that might be willing to house us.

You need to thank Ber Rabbit- she was the one who suggested it to begin with. We just figured out how to make it work and did the deed...

I won't be here for the GLWCM&G. I'll be in Hawaii, where I imagine underwater Uno will be the LAST thing on my mind! Thanks for the offer though- I'm going to find out when Dive Guy Scuba has their next Discover Scuba- Jeff bought a set of cards and I'll come help out with the class if I can and donate my cards, too.

trucker girl:
And it's a BOTTOM beanie... not just a beanie. This is very, very important.

I don't recall seeing ANY diapers in the pictures :D

trucker girl:
You need to thank Ber Rabbit- she was the one who suggested it to begin with. We just figured out how to make it work and did the deed...

And did a FINE job with the project! I'm VERY proud of you two, you done good!
Ber :lilbunny:

Reggae Joe:
If you want to try it in a pool during the GLWC M and G, I know a good LDS with an indoor heated pool that might be willing to house us.

Why would we need a pool - everyone's going to be in the quarry! :confused:

And the LDS you're talking about is another hour+ drive to the north . . . .The training platforms are where it's at!

For those who would like a detailed account of HOW we played Uno H2O "below" edition...

The Uno H2O cards are partially clear- you'll see what I mean when you pick up a set. If you're looking at the front of the cards, you'll see that the clear is at the top right and bottom left of each card. This is where I used a hole punch to punch holes- it wasn't perfect because they weren't all perfectly matched up, but it worked. You have to do both corners, though, because when you shuffle they don't all face the same direction.

We used 2 larger binder loops (office supply store/section) for the draw pile and discard pile- they were about 1.5 inches or so in diameter. And smaller binder loops for our hands- maybe 1 inch diameter. It was nice because if we needed to draw cards we could lay our hand down (upside down- unless you're me and then you just leave it sitting face up!) and do what we needed to do without worring about our cards floating away.

In a pool you may not need the binder loops but I still think it would make things easier. Sure, you could have fun chasing down any stray card that gets the urge to run for freedom, but, why?

I used a permanent marker to note the color of the card since I didn't know how deep we would be and I didn't know how dark it might get. You won't need to do this for a pool or if you are playing in decent lighting. We were at 28 feet and it was fairly murky but we could see all the colors well.

We weren't sure how to indicate what color we were choosing for a Draw Four/Wild or a Wild... but it worked well to simply point to the color on the wild card. The wilds show all four colors- when erparamedic came up with that (after all my complicated solutions to the problem), I was surprised she didn't look at me and say, "here's your sign."

If I think of more, I'll post it.

eckybay:
Why would we need a pool - everyone's going to be in the quarry! :confused:

And the LDS you're talking about is another hour+ drive to the north . . . .The training platforms are where it's at!

Okay- I'm going to be in freaking Hawaii but I'm going to be getting on this board to see if you guys actually play Uno at the M&G... that's pathetic! I'll be SO tickled if you do!

trucker girl:
Okay- I'm going to be in freaking Hawaii but I'm going to be getting on this board to see if you guys actually play Uno at the M&G... that's pathetic! I'll be SO tickled if you do!

LOL . . .I'm going to have to try it atleast once at some point.

Guess I need to take my UNO H2O cards and a hole punch on vacation with me huh? :D

trucker girl:
We weren't sure how to indicate what color we were choosing for a Draw Four/Wild or a Wild... but it worked well to simply point to the color on the wild card. The wilds show all four colors- when erparamedic came up with that (after all my complicated solutions to the problem), I was surprised she didn't look at me and say, "here's your sign."

I could have given you a sign... but I felt sorry for you. It really was a very easy solution! Next time, I'll give you a sign... I'll write it on the magnadoodle, and you can hold it and pose for a picture! How's that! :mooner: LOL :D

Ber Rabbit:
Guess I need to take my UNO H2O cards and a hole punch on vacation with me huh? :D

Definitely!! And don't forget the binder loops, those were very important. The binder loops are surprisingly easy to handle underwater too.

Just beware of playing in currents! LOL :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom