Unhappy with Waterproof customer service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd probably not buy another Waterproof Suit. I have to agree with the poor customer service. Part of my Waterproof W1 7mm ripped due to bad stitching (after only a few dives). I sent it in for repairs and they made it look horrible. I posted on their FB page and they actually banned me from posting there. Luckily after talking to someone high up at Tusa they ended up replacing it, but the fact of the matter is I shouldn't had to go through all that. Especially not on a $400 wetsuit (which is what that one cost when I got it).

They make great looking products, but that is only 50% of the equation. If you can't provide support for your great products your going to loose in the end.

An important clarification about the Tusa / Waterproof relationship: Tusa does not "own" Waterproof and Tusa is not the "parent company" of Waterproof. Waterproof is a Swedish company and Tusa is simply the distributor of Waterproof products in the United States. This is the same relationship that Suunto (a Finnish company), until recently, had with Aqualung.

Unfortunately, this means that for issues with Waterproof products, you have to deal with Tusa customer service. The response might be a little different if you were able to deal directly with Waterproof.

I bought a Waterproof undergarment from an online retailer in Texas. Being in a different state I wanted to just go through Waterproof. No dice on that, Tusa informed me to return it to the retailer. That was almost 3 months ago. What can they be doing? when they said they were going to send one out 2 weeks ago? according to the retailer. Their warranty service sucks, I can say I will never buy another product that has a Tusa, or Waterproof band on it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom