Unfair Maui Rules May End Scuba Instruction! We Need Your Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I suggest that we set up the First Church of [SIZE=-1]Ka-moho-ali'i and make learning to dive a sacrament. Let's see the councilmen deal with that as a business.
[/SIZE]

I suggest that we set up the First Church of [SIZE=-1]Ka-moho-ali'i and make learning to dive a sacrament. Let's see the councilmen deal with that as a business.
[/SIZE]
Absolutely brilliant.

But why not just make our own religion that has similar sacraments. Heck, we could probably even add turtle petting and riding to the necessary list and get away with it... we would be a minority, after all! :D

But we'd have little sis, Pele, in our corner.
Ain't it great when new arrivals bother to study their new home?:D

The parks director is asking for the publics input on these new rules: Please send your thoughts to:
parks.dept@co.maui.hi.us
Please let the parks department know that we need access to the parks/beaches at all times, that we are aware of the environment and surroundings, and are a benefit to the local community. Please write, especially if you are from Hawaii. Please be sure to include your Hawaiian address at the bottom of your e-mail.
Mahalo!

will do

This was Makena Landing today. One kayak tour group was completely blocking access to the water and another one was on the beach (behind the poor diver trying to access the water in the left of the picture). Both kayak groups were performing an instructional briefing so they did NOT need to be "using" the landing entry at that time and blocking people from entering and exiting the water.
IMG_5622-1.JPG

That really sucks, doesn't it Aerodog.

Oddly enough, the proposed rules wouldn't prevent that situation. In fact, they could make it worse.

At the moment, the companies can go to a spot and see that "hey... this spot is too crowded, let's go to the next beach" -- under the proposed rules, they will only be able to go to the one beach named on their permit.

Nice flat water there today.

Well I haven't seen a group of divers blocking access for anyone anywhere on Maui. Too bad we get lumped into the same crowd.

A couple of years ago I saw a guy in a small truck launch his boat at makena. The waves were up, ,he got stuck, it was, amusing.

Just came to mind, sorry, old timers disease.

Well I haven't seen a group of divers blocking access for anyone anywhere on Maui.

Well, y'know when a group of divers are walking up or down the sloping ramp at Ulua (all 10' of it), it's pretty much like a one-way bridge on the way to Hana.

But that's stretching it even. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom