Undetonated explosives found on ferry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've often wondered if there isn't already something in place to try to prevent specific, known individuals from buying a ferry ticket.

I can't imagine what that would be unless you think Mexico secretly has some super high-tech surveillance system deployed. Most tickets are bought in a 30 second cash transaction with no id shown or signature required. The tickets are taken by hand and barely looked at as you board. No disrespect intended but this is a country where you are delighted if the shower has hot water and the internet works well enough to use FB.

I can't imagine what that would be unless you think Mexico secretly has some super high-tech surveillance system deployed. Most tickets are bought in a 30 second cash transaction with no id shown or signature required. The tickets are taken by hand and barely looked at as you board. No disrespect intended but this is a country where you are delighted if the shower has hot water and the internet works well enough to use FB.

I was thinking more along the lines of pictures of bad guys taped to the wall inside the ticket booths.

I was thinking more along the lines of pictures of bad Hombres taped to the wall inside the ticket booths.

Fixed that for ya

bad Hombres
bad-ombre-hair-we-have-a-serious-disconnect.jpg

I've often wondered if there isn't already something in place to try to prevent specific, known individuals from buying a ferry ticket.
Can you imagine how the Coz ferry system would work with any type of passenger checking or luggage checking? Not going to happen. I guess it would only slow things down a lot to take copies of ID but to screen baggage and carryons would stop the system.

I was thinking more along the lines of pictures of bad guys taped to the wall inside the ticket booths.
The booths are not that big. And you don't have to buy your own tickets. If you did then tickets would have to rechecked against ID getting on the ferry.

Well, there seems to be a system in place on the island--taxi drivers, shopkeepers, and restaurant workers etc. They have been know to report suspicious and/or criminal activities which I suspect is at least part of the reason Cozumel has such a low crime rate.

Back
Top Bottom