Underwater water bottle?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes I hydrate enough, I quite often can be seen just before a dive running to the bathroom in my drysuit. If I'm under so long I need to pee, I might wear a diaper before I install a pee valve, it depends.

Get a double hose regulator. A little water in the mouthpiece sump will keep you happy.

Above all be sure to hydrate well. If you do not pee during the dive or get out of the water without an urgent need to do so you may be running dry.

I need to try that Capri Sun trick just for kicks. We have a club outing coming up. Maybe we can have a chug-a-lug contest at 30 feet. :) Is it fair to squeeze?

Pete

Yes I hydrate enough, I quite often can be seen just before a dive running to the bathroom in my drysuit. If I'm under so long I need to pee, I might wear a diaper before I install a pee valve, it depends.

Have fun with that... A p valve is really no big deal, and you don't lose cool points :wink:

I can't believe nobody caught my "depends" gag.

Platypus Platy Bottle - Trailspace.com

Sometimes I tuck the half liter version of one of these in my BC pocket. You can freeze them when you're diving in warm weather so the drink is cold as it thaws. I've sipped on a Gatorade a few times after a drift dive while waiting for the boat pickup.

Hmm, since you have to hold your breath to drink, aren't you breaking one of the cardinal sins of diving? I suppose if you were sure you were not ascending, it wouldn't be too dangerous though.

Hmm, since you have to hold your breath to drink, aren't you breaking one of the cardinal sins of diving? I suppose if you were sure you were not ascending, it wouldn't be too dangerous though.
With the comment in red, you are starting to think rather than just blindly follow rules. It's important to know the rule at the student level, but as you advance its even more important to understand the rule, what it is trying to protect you from and what the critical elements really are.

There are also risks that must be balanced. In this case, once you have precise buoyancy control there is basically zero risk of embolism from drinking during the dive. However on longer dives and particularly on longer decompression dives, the increased risk of a DCS hit due to being poorly hydrated is measurable, so most divers who have considered the risks on both sides would gladly accept the near zero risk imposed by drinking fluids during the dive in order to decrease the risk of DCS.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom