Underwater water bottle?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I drink I have to pee, not a good thing in a drysuit.

found this to. havent tried it yet...but i'd have to second the "if i drink i have to pee" comment.

...unless your on CCR, dives don't last all that long.

Most people agree that the number one risk factor leading to DCS is dehydration. That is why my cave instructor said that anyone who does not install a P-valve on a dry suit will probably avoid proper hydration for this reason and thus intentionally risk dehydration and DCS. (And, yes, they have them for women, too.)

I do not dive rebreathers. I have had to do a couple of open circuit deco dives without a P-valve (various reasons) that were sheer agony for me.

Or you could get one of these and not have dry mouth...Apollo Bio-Filter Regulator Moisture System. They sell them on leisure pro for 165.00

found this to. havent tried it yet...but i'd have to second the "if i drink i have to pee" comment.

unless your on CCR, dives don't last all that long. I get drymouth occassionaly, but nothing that can't be handled for the dive

SCUDA

That's the one I saw. actually heard an instructor suggest it as a way to have a beer while diving

If I drink I have to pee, not a good thing in a drysuit.

If you don't have to pee, you're probably not adequately hydrated. Not a good thing in ANY suit.

others bring capri-sun packets.

Yup - I don't do this, but have seen it done. Weigh next to nothing (water being neutrally buouyant and all) and easy to use.

there're lots of hydration systems out there that could creatively be used while diving. I use a camelback system when hiking, etc. and I don't see a problem rigging the bladder and hose for use while diving. I also like the idea of bringing a capri sun packet just in case (except I always seem to have problems poking that little straw into the packet).

+1 more on Capri Suns.

I am a Capri Sun consuming expert.
It takes a few tries to get the technique down of inhale, draw in, swallow, inhale...repeat, but you can get it pretty quick.
I always just settle to the bottom, and you will probably ingest a couple of drops of water along the way, but well worth the trouble.

Chug
Likes Strawberry Kiwi the best.

we just came back from st. lucia were we all took capri sun squeeze pouches. Very easy and refreshing and not that hard to do. Tried the biofilter for the wife- way to much hassle to attatch then add water then dry etc, etc. (actually leaked the way the manual described ) DM hooked it up differntly and was fine but agree with other replys on a differnt thread regarding the filter - just another point of failure ,switched her to a sherwood oasis reg works great. Juice boxes that are chilled before the dive hit the spot while drifting along.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom