Underwater water bottle?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubaru_Steve

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
So I often run into the problem I'm sure we all get and that is dry mouth. I often have wondered the implement of an underwater water bottle. Now last year I took Hydrology and Fluid Mechanics in college so the concept of pressure is not new to me. I was wondering if anyone had created a device to store a potable water in a way that when released would stream a steady flow of water into your mouth. Now I realize this could have potential hazards but if anyone has worked on something to even moisten the mouth. Just looking for ideas, thanks!

Some people use Camelbaks, other bring capri-sun packets.

Is it really a big enough problem to warrant the additional complication and weight? It is sort of like wilderness camping, consider additional weight carefully since you are the one that has to climb the ladder or make the hike back to the truck.

Unless you feel the need to take sips every 15 minutes, you can get away with a conventional plastic water bottle in a pinch. A little salt water will get in the bottle when you take off the cap, but it you will take in a lot less salt than eating a few French Fries. I tried it once on 2-hour in water decompression. Just suck the water out until the bottle collapses.

Do be careful that the water doesn’t go down the wrong pipe. A coughing spell is most unpleasant.

Do ppl just let the hose dangle and switch it out from the regulator or have ppl implimented them both at the same time?

Not sure if it's the kind of diving you do, but this

Deep Sea Supply Hydration Bladder

should do the trick if you're wearing doubles. The bladder is made specifically to fit on dubs.

All the best, James

Years ago I saw some in Cali. you swapped out the 2nd stage mouthpiece for one with a fitting for the fluid. a tube went along the hose to a bladder.

If I drink I have to pee, not a good thing in a drysuit.

Not sure if it's the kind of diving you do, but this

Deep Sea Supply Hydration Bladder

should do the trick if you're wearing doubles. The bladder is made specifically to fit on dubs.

All the best, James

You beat me to it.

found this to. havent tried it yet...but i'd have to second the "if i drink i have to pee" comment.

unless your on CCR, dives don't last all that long. I get drymouth occassionaly, but nothing that can't be handled for the dive

SCUDA

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom