Underwater Photography School/Degree/Course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba191

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Is there such a thing as a underwater photography degree? If so i would love to know where. I live in edmonton alberta canada, and to say the least it is not a scuba town. i have taken an underwater photography course and would love to do more, whether its is california or australia, please let me know!

Is there such a thing as a underwater photography degree? If so i would love to know where. I live in Edmonton Alberta Canada, and to say the least it is not a scuba town. i have taken an underwater photography course and would love to do more, whether its is California or Australia, please let me know!

Denise (SeaLife) mentioned that several universities offer programs in "[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Underwater Crime Scene Investigation".[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'][/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']You might want to do a Google search.[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']From the quick search I did it appears that Florida State University is the leader in this field. [/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Here are some sample URLS[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']FSU.com :: UCSI: Underwater Crime Scene Investigation[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']
Scholarships for Crime Scene Degrees

1556 Forensic Science - The Crime Scene | University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies

[/FONT]

Last edited:
Wow, the Nikon class ain't what it use to be! I took it about 6 years ago with Frank Fennel (former Nikon rep), still using the Nik V. The class was quite intensive with Frank going on every dive with you. It looks like it is now more of a self-taught class.

If I were you, I'd go with the Cathy Church Cayman option.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom