Question Is an orange or bright camera housing a bad idea?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I promise I did a good amount of searching before posting this and I know it may sound silly. I have been doing above water photography for years and my scuba skills are finally getting to the point where I can allow myself to take my camera underwater!

I like the salted like (sea frogs) cases from a price perspective and they have solid reviews. I am considering this orange housing which is also offered in white and black: SeaFrogs 60M/195FT Waterproof housing for Sony A6xxx series Salted Line (Orange) / GEN 3

I like orange dive gear. Easier to spot if lost or dropped. As I get into photography, do fish really care about bright colors? Would it reduce my ability to get closer to fish and get some good photos?

Cheers!

The color of your housing is not going to make any difference in how fish react to your presence. That has far more to do with your movements, lights, and bubbles. If you like the color orange that is awesome. But pick your housing based on features, price, and support.

The color of your housing is not going to make any difference in how fish react to your presence. That has far more to do with your movements, lights, and bubbles. If you like the color orange that is awesome. But pick your housing based on features, price, and support.
Thanks @davehicks yeah the color is definitely secondary here. I picked the hosting first and it happened to be offered in different colors.

Just don't pick yum yum yellow. /sarcasm

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom