Vintage Rolleimarin Franke & Heidecke Hans Hass underwater camera housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MLA60

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was given a vintage Rolleimarin underwater camera housing after a relative passed away that owned it. He was an avid scuba diver in the 1950's and did some underwater photography then. I've done some scuba myself and am somewhat familiar with the gear and have researched it some and learned about Hans Hass in the process.
The housing is in great shape and has its original carry bag, owner's manual and accessories. My question is, does this vintage equipment have a collector's value? While I find it to be very cool and interesting I would prefer to sell it to someone who has more of a use and interest in it than I have.
Thanks for any information.
IMG_20231025_155853957.jpgIMG_20231025_160132304.jpgIMG_20231025_155847866.jpgIMG_20231025_155905573.jpg

Do you have the camera too, or just the housing?

That's awesome, no idea of the value at all, but would be awesome for someone like me that appreciated it

I noticed your post regarding the Rolleimarin case. It has always been my dream to own one and test my Rolleiflex camera underwater. If you're interested in selling it, could you please let me know your asking price? pls DM me.

Kind regards,
Attila

I noticed your post regarding the Rolleimarin case. It has always been my dream to own one and test my Rolleiflex camera underwater. If you're interested in selling it, could you please let me know your asking price? pls DM me.

Kind regards,
Attila
Gotcha. I'll DM you tomorrow.

Kind regards,
Attila
I cannot send DM's yet as I am still new on this site.
As of now I am still researching the housing and don't know what it's worth dollars wise.

I cannot send DM's yet as I am still new on this site.
As of now I am still researching the housing and don't know what it's worth dollars wise.
Have you decided on your asking price?

I would be interested as well. 👀

Mark

I was given a vintage Rolleimarin underwater camera housing after a relative passed away that owned it. He was an avid scuba diver in the 1950's and did some underwater photography then. I've done some scuba myself and am somewhat familiar with the gear and have researched it some and learned about Hans Hass in the process.
The housing is in great shape and has its original carry bag, owner's manual and accessories. My question is, does this vintage equipment have a collector's value? While I find it to be very cool and interesting I would prefer to sell it to someone who has more of a use and interest in it than I have.
Thanks for any information.
View attachment 826962View attachment 826963View attachment 826964View attachment 826961

Do you have the camera too, or just the housing?
I would be interested as well. 👀

Mark
If this one is no longer available, I have one with the camera inside.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom