Undersuit advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lukemil

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So I bought an awesome drysuit. Like most of my other purchases in life, I set out to find an inexpensive, decent one and instead bought the best, most expensive one I could find. I also got a heavyweight undersuit that feels like it will keep me warm in January here in the Northeast. I ordered it custom so it arrived just in time for July! My question is this: if I want to practice diving dry and get some use out of my drysuit this summer, in 60 to 70 degree water, what kind of undergarment should I try? This is a trilaminate suit by the way. I know that cold tolerance differs from person to person, but give me a starting point from which to fine-tune my preferences.

Thanks and dive safe.

Within a temperature range of 65-70, I would be wearing a worn out 200g (more like a 100g now) with a medium weight base layer.
At 60 I would change base layer, specifically hotchillys on a 10 scale.

Which suit, and which undersuit did you get?

The nice thing about a drysuit is it doesn't have to be warm. You can dive in sweats or even jeans just fine. One-piece long-johns and some flannel would be fine for that temp.

I practice in the same stuff I use for dives. I used to just use the base layer in the pool, but then I'd find I couldn't reach stuff while actually diving that I could in the pool.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom