Undergarment blocking drysuit exhaust valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dsix36, I have heard that said a lot of times, and honestly, I think the advice is almost absurd for most dry suit diving environments.

Having had uncontrolled ascents, and having tried to help students with them, I can tell you that you don't have much time to arrest the problem. The likelihood that I could pull my hood out of my dry suit and get my dry-gloved fingers under my neck seal in time to exhaust air and stop a runaway ascent is just about zero.

Gee I'm glad you said that out loud. As a hooded, gloved diver I have always rolled my eyes at that option.

Pete

---------- Post added July 6th, 2013 at 07:38 AM ----------

In addition to the duct tape idea you can add grommets or even mesh panels like some ture DS garments use. My Softwear fleece set is hanging here and while while permeable is does offer moderate resistance. I wonder if with use and laundering you could have compaction making it even denser. Could the fabric be loading up with condensation or weeping moisture?

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom