Um... Is That A Technology Solution To A Skills Based Problem I See?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jet skiis are enough of a pain on the suface. Hate to think we will have to start looking out for these while under water.

Jetskis have no respect for anything. That don't respect fisherman either.

Jetskis have no respect for anything. That don't respect fisherman either.
90% of the time they will do laps around the dive flag. Sometimes I dive without it and just carry money with me in a bag to pay the ticket when I walk out of the water - where the land based scuba police are waiting. If everywhere in the world had some type of safety class requirement for boaters/jetski etc ... and then enforced it - I would be more inclined to use my flag - as it is using the flag is like putting a bulls-eye on my back.

90% of the time they will do laps around the dive flag. Sometimes I dive without it and just carry money with me in a bag to pay the ticket when I walk out of the water - where the land based scuba police are waiting. If everywhere in the world had some type of safety class requirement for boaters/jetski etc ... and then enforced it - I would be more inclined to use my flag - as it is using the flag is like putting a bulls-eye on my back.
I'd like to design something to deploy to get sucked into the jet ski engine.

I'd like to design something to deploy to get sucked into the jet ski engine.
I thought about having a small field of floating net surrounding my dive flag and when they ran it over the intake would just pick it up and stall them out. BUT that's probably not a good idea.

I thought about having a small field of floating net surrounding my dive flag and when they ran it over the intake would just pick it up and stall them out. BUT that's probably not a good idea.
I think it depends on where you are and what relationship you have with the local authorities. If I had a dive op where my customers and employees had to deal with such dolts, I'd have a yearly "law enforcement appreciation weekend". I worked with a guy whose brother had a bar in upstate New York and did just that. Oh, the stories..... :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom