Um... Is That A Technology Solution To A Skills Based Problem I See?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think it depends on where you are and what relationship you have with the local authorities. If I had a dive op where my customers and employees had to deal with such dolts, I'd have a yearly "law enforcement appreciation weekend". I worked with a guy whose brother had a bar in upstate New York and did just that. Oh, the stories..... :wink:

That would be an option lol.

Man those things look terrible. I wanna try one! I'm sure it's horrible, but imagine all the trouble you could get into with one while everyone else puttering around being babysat.

The guy filming loved it! hard to argue with.

Maybe he and the wife will talk about it endlessly over mojitos and decide it's just not enough. Then they'll become divers.

Man those things look terrible. I wanna try one! I'm sure it's horrible, but imagine all the trouble you could get into with one while everyone else puttering around being babysat.

Can you play laser tag in them? How good are they for a dogfight? Is there roll, pitch, rudder controls? ISAGN.

I just looked it up and these things cost 12k USD for 1. Man I could buy a decked out rebreather with all the fixings with 12k and have enough leftover for the training. Lol. Although I highly doubt anyone would seriously buy one of these and personally own it.

They have a purpose, but it's not diving.

A family member was married in the DR last winter. My side of the family are fish. The other side, not so much. The idea of using a snorkel scared the hell out of them - good people, just not water people.

I pointed out that these were available not too far from the resort where we were trapped/staying, and they agreed to go and check them out. A bunch of us went out with a local operator. They were tied to a giant buoy so they couldn't go too deep (15 ft to the keel), and the DM in charge just pointed them where he wanted them to go. These were in bad shape, as far as I could tell, had almost no propulsion/steering capability.

It didn't really matter. In calm water, for non-divers, they were a bit of a hoot. It was a fun way to meet more of the "other side of the family", but I've checked it off my list, and I've no interest in using one ever again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom