Ultimate Gear Box

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

atedeschi

Contributor
Reaction score
One of the most valuable things on a dive boat is deck space and one of my biggest pet peeves is seeing gear all over the deck or huge boxes/bags all over getting in the way. When this happens it makes it dangerous to the diver getting on and off the boat and potentially dangerous to your equipment if someone drops something or falls on your stuff.

Over many dive trips and on many different boats I have seen a variety of boxes and bags to hold gear such as, mesh dive bags, suitcase travel bags, milk crates, double stacked milk crates, and large bins with detachable lids. I have also tried a variety of different boxes/bags and finally found the best solution.
Read More

Other than drilling holes in the bottom, this is what I do.

I followed your link and read the rest of your article. I don't know that I can take a hard gear box on the boat(s) I usually go on, but I do use a tub in the back of the car and I like some of the ideas you show.

One question though: Can you provide a link or brand/model info to the specific tub you are showing as being the ultimate gear box?

Thanks,
Blue Sparkle

I don't take a box on the boat as it takes up as much room empty as full. A mesh bag suffices for all my loose kit.

However, I do have a box for in the car. There are no holes in the bottom so that water doesn't leak over the car interior.

I drilled two holes in either end. One end has the hole near the top with a male garden hose fitting, the other has a water butt tap near the bottom.

When I get home I connect a hose to the top fitting and turn on the water. When the box overflows, I turn off the water and open the water butt tap. I don't even have to open the lid of the box.

When no more water drains, everything is rinsed and ready to put away.

I listed the dimensions not sure the model but can be found at Lowes or Home Depot. I had a friend just pick them up.

You should be able to bring it on any dive boat. If they are normal size benches you can slide it right under the bench.

Yeah I soft mesh bag will work but not when someone falls on or drops something on it. Also the box can slide right under a bench. Its just an option and I do a lot of different diving and different boats and it works great for me. Also you can lock it up and put it on a plane or ship it in the mail.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom