Ultimate Diver Challenge TV Show

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

First, I have to say -- it is really fun to see comments --positive and negative. Making this happen was NO EASY TASK! It took me four years to find a venue for airing a show that I believe is essential for increasing diving awareness, education, training and safety.. AND IF any of you have some great ideas to make SEASON TWO the best yet -- please all ideas and suggestions are part of what makes things get better! Second, thanks to those that do like the concept and for watching! I know it seems a bit rushed..21 minutes and 26 seconds is a very tight edit! Perhaps next year, we will have another great opportunity to share with you more of the action!

Reactions: Jax
1- have the commentators rehearse thier lines so it doesn't look and sound like they are reading the cue card for the first time.

2- drop the cheezy "whoosh" sound effects when putting names and information blurbs on the screen.

3- smooth out the editing. Much of it seemed rough and disjointed. If it means a few more shows that involve real diving, I doubt there would be much complaining from us. What was up with the "poker hands", I never saw what the outcome of that was. edited out?

4- drop the "survivor island" style "eliminations" If it's based on points, post the totals as the competition progresses at least for the viewers. It shouldnt feel like some secret deal to who is ahead.

5- When you narrow down the competitors, have a celebration for everyone, not an "elimination". Diving is about fun.

6- don't make fun of divers because they are careful enough to keep gear clipped and stowed. In fact it should be additional points.

The overall concept is good. Tests of rescue, nav, bouyancy, etc are good.

Again, Thanks for your input....but I still want to reiterate that most have NO IDEA how difficult it was to get this even launched! It took me FIVE years to finally get a venue and although it is a small one...I am pleased that we have one! As for my hosts...My hosts were hired the night before the production started because of last minute changes in production crew ;-( some things cant be helped...and for walking in blindly to an event they new nothing about I thought they did an amazing job....and I can assure you that we NEVER made fun of any divers...bedazzled was meant to be a compliment...As for the celebration..I agree...and we will make some changes -- Hopefully this year, my team will be bigger...every year that we do this -- we learn something and every year it gets better! I did the editing, scripting, marketing and directing ....trying to do the job of many....because of budget restraints.... VERSUS would not have aired the show if it didn't meet standards for television. The learn to scuba campaign has brought in 160 or so future divers...THAT AD IS WORKING ;-) but again..I don't claim that everything is/was perfect...nothing ever is...We can find a stronger bigger team with more ideas...as we do each year...and strive to be the next biggest reality show centered around the sport of scuba related to skills, safety, training and continued education for those that do dive and for those that want to try it out....

I like that you are trying to improve and open to suggestions. Another suggestion... Look at your local area colleges. I bet there would be some communications majors that would LOVE to "intern" for your production and editing staff to get there names on a real production show.

Putting together another two thousand to produce season two..Is not going to be easy....and I am going to need to fiind people like that this year....My only thing..is expeiience is sometimes worth every bit of the expense. Last summer, I had all ikinds of production lessons....audio, wind, rain, taps versus cards, camera quality, footage issues that made editing at times a nightmare....and the bad thing...when you are shooting things live -- not pre staged -- reality shots happen so fast you have to have quality shooters that pick up on it quick! We missed soooo much....and then at times the shots we caught could not be used.....I have some videographers who picked this up by being part of the event for years....One of them was one of the very first competitors back in 2008 -- Now he shoots for us...and he has a gift since for knowing where to place himself to catch the action....I have watched over one hundred hours of footage this time around....AND wow...now I know a little better about how to capture the essence of the action...It is going to be be a lot of fun..but as always a lot of work for SEASON TWO...but again..THANKs for watching the show....and hopefully after next week and Beneath the SEA show, we will have it online for those that have not caught it on VERSUS

$2000? That's it? I'm not trying to be rude but that's nothing. The advertisers should be paying more than enough to cover that. Hell, El Cid should be footing the whole bill for the exposure they get from it.

P....and hopefully after next week and Beneath the SEA show, we will have it online for those that have not caught it on VERSUS

It would be great if you can get this available for online viewing at some point. I have only been following the threads on here and would like to see the show.

Thanks for your efforts! :D

hahahaha!! I typed the note this morning without my glasses....It should say 200,000!!! hahaha!~ Better keep the glasses on next time!

Wait, you all are saying you LIKE this show? I've DVR'ed and watched 2 episodes so far. Both were absolutely horrible. The direction, editing, the whole production sucks. I think it's a good idea for a show but it has been badly executed.

Sure, I can agree with you that the show is a little lacking in some of the points you bring up, but what scuba shows have YOU produced?

I was a little shocked that my search function on my remote even found a show at all about diving. I applaud anyone who can capitalize on such obviously cool subject matter - i'm so surprized that there aren't dozens of diving shows on cable - still haven't found the "Into the Drink" show on my cable network (Att U-verse).

Now Scuba Radio? That warrants a little harsher criticism. But it is still the only scuba on radio, and I listen to it anyway, CUZ THERE IS NOTHIN ELSE for divers!!!.

Thank you blazinater!! ;-) I hope you will join us on the Ultimate Diver Challenge Facebook page! We could really use your enthusiasm and support! You would really enjoy reading a blast that someone sent me recently..I went ahead and posted it...Not everyone can be happy and NOT many have as you said created shows about diving.. It is hard fast nightmare, demands a lot of energy, money, time and enthusiasm.. SEASON TWO will incorporate much needed feedback to make the necessary improvements....Other than that --- JOIN US THIS SUMMER!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom