Ultima Dry Glove System question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe zipper wax? Probably non-reactive with the oring.

I'm not an o ring expert, but from what I remember the lube I linked just keeps them from drying out but doesn't break them down like other lubricants.

I use the same thing on my flashlight o rings. No issues in the 3 years I've been using it, 2 years on the gloves

Quick story...buddy has a dpv and didn't do anything with his o rings. They became hard and he couldn't get it the top back on, couldn't get it to clamp down. He used a bunch of the lube they came back to life. Slid right on clamped down, no issues.

@maxbif you do decide to sell, let me know.

Have you tried contacting Waterproof? I have three sets of the Ultima Rings and I can remove them by hand without much effort. Perhaps your rings or o-rings have deformed or swollen for some reason?

Waterproof USA
2380 Mira Mar Ave.
Long Beach, CA 90815
U.S.A.

Phone: 562.498.3708 (M-F: 8am-5pm, Pacific Time)
Toll-Free: 800.482.2282
Fax: 562.344.9458

info@tusa.com
www.waterproof-usa.com

Have you tried contacting Waterproof? I have three sets of the Ultima Rings and I can remove them by hand without much effort. Perhaps your rings or o-rings have deformed or swollen for some reason?

Waterproof USA
2380 Mira Mar Ave.
Long Beach, CA 90815
U.S.A.

Phone: 562.498.3708 (M-F: 8am-5pm, Pacific Time)
Toll-Free: 800.482.2282
Fax: 562.344.9458

info@tusa.com
www.waterproof-usa.com
Do you use any grease on yours?

I'm not an o ring expert, but from what I remember the lube I linked just keeps them from drying out but doesn't break them down like other lubricants.

I use the same thing on my flashlight o rings. No issues in the 3 years I've been using it, 2 years on the gloves

Quick story...buddy has a dpv and didn't do anything with his o rings. They became hard and he couldn't get it the top back on, couldn't get it to clamp down. He used a bunch of the lube they came back to life. Slid right on clamped down, no issues.

@maxbif you do decide to sell, let me know.
I put the SuperLube on my wishlist. I've used silicone grease on my various o-rings as I keep it around for mask-sealing anyway, but if it is causing issues with the WP rings then maybe Ill switch.

The Zipper-Wax idea was a "Well, I already have a stick with me, and it does pretty much the same thing on a zipper ..." thought.

Do you use any grease on yours?
After I rinse and dry my drysuit, i wipe clean the glove orings and apply a small amount of silicone ( molykote 111, a very thick silicone) to each glove ring. I don't reapply after each dive. I might do 2-4 dives between lube application. The clean and lube helps keep them watertight. I never have to struggle to get the gloves off.

Does anyone know what size/material the orange O-Rings inside the glove ring are? Merry and I have four sets, and the gloves are impossible to remove after a dive without prying them off with a screwdriver. We've tried loading them up with silicone grease before a dive and they still stick. I don't know if silicone spray would help or maybe replace the O-Rings.

I am not sure of the size and currently away working on a project in Japan, so I can't take any measurements, but I believe the material is silicone.

Be careful what you lube your o-rings with:

I did some work a few years ago on the carburator for a husqvarna riding mower and found the silicone seals swelled significantly when they came in contact with fuel and petroleum based lubricants. That is fine when the seals were captured between carburator parts but the o-rings would not fit in their glands until the fuel they were exposed to dissipated over a few days.

If you find out what size the o-rings are, please post the info here. The Waterproof part number is: WP-742-906-00. TUSA is their North American distributor, and the address and phone number provided a few posts up is TUSA.

If interested, I will share with you by DM, the contact information for the people at Waterproof in Sweden that I was communicating with when I was living in Europe.

-Z

Merry ordered eight O-Rings from Tusa last week. I was hoping to find cheaper replacements.
Is it possible that you could measure the inner diameter and cross section width and post?

-Z

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom