Ultima Dry Glove System question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does anyone know what size/material the orange O-Rings inside the glove ring are? Merry and I have four sets, and the gloves are impossible to remove after a dive without prying them off with a screwdriver. We've tried loading them up with silicone grease before a dive and they still stick. I don't know if silicone spray would help or maybe replace the O-Rings.
1642956972412.png

That's interesting... Christa's pair has been getting harder and harder to remove over the years, so this must be the problem as I've added silicone as well and it makes it slightly better for a dive or two. We've never had to resort to screwdrivers but I have had to use all my leverage and pull very hard to help her. As for mine, they are harder than when I first got them but they are still manageable. If I figure it out, I'll post back here.

Does anyone know what size/material the orange O-Rings inside the glove ring are? Merry and I have four sets, and the gloves are impossible to remove after a dive without prying them off with a screwdriver. We've tried loading them up with silicone grease before a dive and they still stick. I don't know if silicone spray would help or maybe replace the O-Rings.
View attachment 702447

I use this stuff to lube periodically and they're not too hard to come apart... not easy, but not screwdriver worthy.

I lightly lube them every 3-4 dives and have done so since new which was 2 years ago. Probably 75 dives or so (I know you dive more than me). I don't think they're any harder than when I started... o rings look new.

Super Lube Grease Dielectric, Synthetic 3 Oz. Usda Authorized Tube

Merry kept trying to pull her gloves off, but instead pulled the entire system out of her drysuit.
I'll try that grease. I've removed the O-Rings, cleaned and greased them, and add silicone grease before each dive and they still stick.

Merry kept trying to pull her gloves off, but instead pulled the entire system out of her drysuit.

Stop feeding her Wheaties.

That happens a lot to me too nowadays, since I switched dry suits and the entire ring system for some reason doesn’t sit as tight in the new suit. But! I discovered that the metal buckle on my weight belt or harness is the perfect size and shape to use as a prying tool, and less aggressive to the plastic than a screwdriver.

The rings came with a tool for this if I remember correctly. I feel like this may be a place for some other type of lube, those orange rings seem to swell a little but I dont know if that is related to silicone or something else.

@MaxBottomtime make the switch to Rolock90 and all those issues go away.

Easier to mount gloves
Easier to don/doff

-Z

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom