Ultima Dry Glove System question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually, that's 1,000... Because 100 pages @ 10 posts per page.

Wow.

Actually, that's 1,000... Because 100 pages @ 10 posts per page.

Wow.

Actually, your #991, and I'm #993.....not quite 1,000:)

Oops. Lol... You're right... The end of this page will be 1,000. :D

I wear a size 8 in the 720 which is listed as a medium. I went over to Ebay and it looks like an 8 in the 3416 is listed as a small. Checked Showa website and it is the same. 8M - 720; 8S - 3416. Interesting.

Good job with the attention to detail! I missed that.

I feel like they're sized about a half size smaller than the 720s - like an 8 is really more like a 7.5... And my 10 is really a 9.5.

Of course, that doesn't help you pick one... Especially since they're stretchier than a 720, so that half-size difference actually seems kinda welcome.

Maybe you could buy both an 8 and a 9 and report as to which you prefer? I predict that you'll stick with the 8 and that the snugger fit will make the slight additional thickness of the glove negate as it stretches and fits your hand snugger and more exactly.

The 3416 seems to me to be a 720 on steriods... More extreme fit, protection, and appearance.

Whether or not that's a good thing or a bad thing is up to you and the purpose of your dive.

Aw man now I want to try the 3416s. How about warmth / thickness? And chart says Dexterity is a 1. ???

I have corrected the dexterity rating of the SHOWA 3416.

All of the ratings are EN388 numbers - EXCEPT the dexterity rating, which is my own subjective rating based on the same 0-5 scale.

I previously gave the SHOWA 3416 a dexterity rating of "1" because I had mistaken which glove I was talking about. I have since corrected the rating.

I rank them roughly equal to the nitrile offerings by Ansell and SHOWA. Yes, the 3416 is slightly thicker, but it's softer and stretchier and somewhat "gummy" by comparison, so it kinda equals out.

Quick question about the Si tech Antares system. I know this isn't that thread, but most had to come from that system to the Ultimas (I believe anyway).

Was it the oval ring that leaked through to the inside of the suit (wet wrist / arm), or did the glove leak through to the seal (wet hand)?

I hope that I'm explaining that right.

Thanks

The typical leak on the Antares system is where the glove ring meets the suit ring. Usually occurring due to improper seating when putting them on. Or, if the glove was tight, when you reached outwards.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom