UK warranty return - awesome service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
hi everyone,

just had an experience with UK that i just had to share. i have a UK C8 light that i bought 3 or 4 years ago. it wouldn't work so i changed the batteries, tried to get a new bulb from my LDS (who didn't have one) but then realised that there was a rattling noise coming from the bulb holder.

i called UK to order some replacement parts and they were very helpful. the lady on the phone suggested it may still be under warranty so i sent it off with a note inside suggesting that, if it was not under warranty, i would rather they called me and i would give them my credit card over the phone so they could repair it rather than send it back not working.

so i sent it off regular mail with the return number on the outside. i decided not to pay to register the package because i figured it was a $40 light that was 3 years old and, once i had paid for the parts (because i figured they would not warranty it) if i also paid for registered mail i may as well go ahead and buy a new one.

so i leave it a few weeks and call UK to check status and they tell me it has not been received. ok, so maybe the mail decision was a dumb one, but the lady takes my number and says she will call back. later that same day she calls to say a new one is in the mail to me!

a few days later a brand new in-the-box light arrives and, what's more, it has 8 brand new batteries in it.

i don't really know how to thank UK other than to tell as many people i can what a great service they gave me. my kids just got certified and it is fair to say that all their lights will be from UK. it is hard to beat that kind of customer care.

Joe

UK has the most awesome warranty service in the world. (Now if only they would upgrade their LED lights to use CREE bulbs.)

Yes, I also have used the UK warranty. My LDS handles the shipping. They have replaced 2 due to flooding. One dropped on rocks and fell in water; the other was in sand and then in water. I recently upgrade to the UK eled plus and the C4 eled. They are great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom