UK C4 vs C8 LED

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi,

UKC4 Led - 4 hours and UK C8 Led - 8 hours
Yes! brightness are the same only the size, C4 battery last 4 hours C8 last 8 hours the difference.

Cheer
Jason:05:
partridge:
Am I correct to assume that the brightness of these two lights are the same? and the only difference would be the burn time?

Thanks

great. Thanks. That seals the deal. Im getting the C4 as I do not need 8 hours of burn time. And I recharge my batteries every week to be sure anyway. I can save some money and have a more compact light.

partridge:
great. Thanks. That seals the deal. Im getting the C4 as I do not need 8 hours of burn time. And I recharge my batteries every week to be sure anyway. I can save some money and have a more compact light.
OThers have reported that although the C4 LED and C8 LED have the same light output on the low power setting, that the C8 has significantly more light output when the C4 when on the high power setting. Apparently the regulator driving the LEDs needs a bit more voltage than supplied by 4 cells. http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/uk_c4-8eled.htm

Now Im getting confused.

"""On brand new batteries the C8 Sunlight incandescent version puts out about 2 1/2 times the overall light than the C8 Sunlight eLED, but the same throw (the beam is less focused, more diffuse). So if you want more overall light spread, you are still better off with the incandescent model. Of course, however, the incandescent version dims throughout its useful life since it's not regulated like the eLED model."""

Now my Sunlight C8 is brighter than my C4 that is ordered and coming? Or is this just in air? When you get in water the white light makes it travel further and therefore it is brighter underwater?

Help????

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom