UGH! Coco View is booked.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba41girl

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
After extensive research on Roatan, we picked Coco View only to find out they are booked. They offered us the waitlist program where they put you in a beach house. Does any one have any info on these? Should we do the houses or pick another resort?

i'm aware that it is a longer walk, but i know that some of the rooms have no air conditioning. Is it bearable?

scuba41girl:
i'm aware that it is a longer walk, but i know that some of the rooms have no air conditioning. Is it bearable?

Its pretty safe to assume that bearable will be defined by the outside temperature at the given time. If its 90 degrees out I would say it would be rather warm but if its 60 degrees out I am sure you will be comfortable. :D

scuba41girl:

I believe that all of the bedrooms have a/c....you don't really need it with the cool sea breezes....they have just recently put a/c in the over the water cabanas they had always been open to the sea breezes....I have stayed there many times in the summer w/o a/c and have been cool enough with the floor fans and ceiling fans it is comfortable....I have not stayed in the beach houses but I would not hesitate to stay there....check them out here http://www.roatan.com/catalog/honduras/hframeset.htm and don't be afraid to call Roatan Charters and ask questions....

I guess bottom line is how badly do you want to go to CoCo View
here is the msg board at CoCo View you can get a lot of info from the folks on that board http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/mb/ccv

your gonna love it....:D

When we booked for last October, we booked a cabana. A month or so before we went they upgraded us to a beach house. Two days before we left, they put us in an oceanfront room. When we got there, we had a choice of the beach house or an oceanfront room. We chose the oceanfront room and loved it. My point is, you may still end up in any kind of accomodation there and it seems like you can't lose any way it ends up. Hope you get to stay there-it's fantastic.

The Playa Miguel beach houses at CoCo View are great. We have stayed there many times and love the privacy and comfort of a living room separate from sleeping areas. And you have access to the same great dive operation and their meal plan. In fact, we are on our way to Roatan tomorrow morning and will be staying in Beach House 4.

Thank you everyone for all of the info. I'm going to book it. If I dont like it you all have to take me on a dive vacation :D (except for Jersey Chris, he seems like a bit of a stalker :smash:

Parrotheaddiver was part of Dee's group a couple of years ago when I went to CoCo View. We had a great time. You'll enjoy it. I went back last summer taking a group to Fantasy Island. This summer I've got a group trip going to Bonaire. Have a few places available if anyone is interested.

Back
Top Bottom