UFC 61 July 8th Ortiz vs. Shamrock..who will win?

Who will win UFC 61?

• Tito Ortiz

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • Ken Shamrock

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I miss the old UFC.

*sniff*

Only two rules, remember? I think it was no gouging and no biting.

No classes, time limits or rounds. Brutal...but very entertaining. Shamrock was there from the beginning.

Sasquatch:
I miss the old UFC.

*sniff*

No classes, time limits or rounds. Brutal...but very entertaining. Shamrock was there from the beginning.

Yes it is very different now then it was then but some of the guys now are more well rounded in multiple fighting techniques.

Sasquatch:
I miss the old UFC.

*sniff*

Yes - UFC lost its appeal as a forum for "real" mixed martial arts when they went to time limits, judges, and weight classes. How cool was it to see Royce just flat wear out guys who out weighed and out reached him - or to see him beat 4 guys in one night. Time limits are all that saved Shamrock from a second loss to Royce. Watching the big muscular guys in the UFC now make it easy to forget that if you take away the rules, a little guy (6'1" 175 lbs) could probably still take them. I appreciate that the changes produced a very sucessful entertainment genre, but maybe for UFC 100 (or UFC 75), they could have one old style tourney. Of course, I could be dreaming since Royce didn't look all that great in UFC 60.

Ken will probably lose...I wish he wouldn't but it will probably happen. Tito...arrogant but for good reason....he is unstoppable and he knows it.

Dana White, and company, have done a tremendous job marketing MMA, helping legitimize it as a mainstream sport. The rules and weight classes probably make it more palatable for a wider audience. Are you watching all of the hype shows on Spike this week? Good stuff...

JustAddWater:
Dana White, and company, have done a tremendous job marketing MMA, helping legitimize it as a mainstream sport. The rules and weight classes probably make it more palatable for a wider audience. Are you watching all of the hype shows on Spike this week? Good stuff...

Yes.:D

Tonight's the night!

Any idea as to how many fights are on the ticket? I have only heard of the two, but they usually have a few more. I probably won't be ab;e to watch it until tomorrow. Tonight is my niece's birthday party, and I doubt if UFC is part of the festivities.

There are usually like 8 fights or so....

Tito is a punk. I hope Shamrock wins, but I know that he probably won't.

JustAddWater:
Any idea as to how many fights are on the ticket? I have only heard of the two, but they usually have a few more. I probably won't be ab;e to watch it until tomorrow. Tonight is my niece's birthday party, and I doubt if UFC is part of the festivities.

there are 9 fights scheduled for tonight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom