Uemis - Factory Authorized Sale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Awesome that's one of my main concerns was the ease of use with thick gloves on. My next question is whether or not the maintence parts will be easy to obtain for non-store owners. Otherwise, it's time to start thinking about breaking the piggy bank!

What maintenance parts are you referring to?

There aren't any maintenance parts!

Battery is built in and estimated to be good for 5 years. Search the UEMIS forum for replacement cost but as I remember it was pretty cheap.

We love ours and I can monitor my wifes screen as if I was looking at hers - really useful!!

Current DRIS sale price is an awesome deal as well for a new generation computer. Old generation stuff with old style screens (non-colour) are dead ducks they just dont know it yet :)

There may not be a user replaceable battery in the computer/SDA, and after 5 years, I may decide to upgrade, but what about the transmitter? I don't know what kind of battery is in there and if the o-rings for that are the standard ones or some obscure/hard to find size.

What maintenance parts are you referring to?

Also, follow up question, how does the SDA know which transmitter to talk to--does the user manually enter some sort of unique ID associated with the transmitter, or does it the SDA listen and accept all broadcasting transmitter during a certain period (i.e. Suunto Vytec)?

Sorry for all the questions, but I can't find any manual online as of yet.

Also, follow up question, how does the SDA know which transmitter to talk to--does the user manually enter some sort of unique ID associated with the transmitter, or does it the SDA listen and accept all broadcasting transmitter during a certain period (i.e. Suunto Vytec)?

Sorry for all the questions, but I can't find any manual online as of yet.

Don't remember the battery, but it is easy to find. O-rings are also common.

As for the transmitter, it has a serial number that you program into the SDA. That is how it knows which one is which. If you have different stages setup, as soon as you breath out of the new stage, it will automatically switch to that bottle and it's stats/mix.

Do you know where UEMIS came from? Have you heard of UWATEC? The guys that started UEMIS created all of the UWATEC (scubapro) computers which are a staple amongst the die hard divers. They decided to part ways with UWATEC, and had a few years that they could not sell dive computers. Well, they had plenty of patents and things to think up in that time frame....years passed and VIOLA....here is UEMIS. From some of the smartest minds out there. Trust me, this thing has everything you could want already in it, or coming out in free upgrades (trimix). As new software comes out, just download it for free.

I just had to "link" my sensor and it does all the rest.

It now knows my sensor and updates as soon as the sensor see's pressure and switches on.

To read my wifes sensor I just have to be close by her when underwater (in dive mode), no need to link at all. Linking to her may actually upset the whole deal.

It shows up as her name on my UEMIS and I her select her from my buddy list.

It doesn't read suunto tramnsmitters etc.

Go and check out the UEMIS manufacturers forum, most of the info you want is there

UEMIS

I'd be very interested in giving the demo unit a try when it is returned; I'm all but sold on the unit and would really enjoy the opportunity to see and feel it in person before purchasing.

I'll give you a call this afternoon.

Thanks!

Just want to explain some things about activating the transmitter...
Like BB1 said, you basicly just connect the transmitter to an HP port ( we even have some little extensions since this week made by SiTech, since some regs have a hose configuration that do not allow any transmitters ). All you got to do now is to open the tank and the SDA will recognize that transmitter. You only have to do that once.
You can do this procedure with up to three transmitters at the moment, you simply select the "task" they are suppose to do ( Bottom Mix, Travel Mix or Deco Mix )
In the dive settings you can also add the TCD ( Tank change depth ). Once you reach that depth, the unit will signal you to switch tanks. It is correct, that the SDA automatically detects an "active" transmitter ( the one you are breathing from ), however, it can not know the difference if you are breathing from it, or if there is a freeflow. Therefore you have to manually confirm the tank change ( one touch of the slider, that's it...)
As for the battery in the transmitter, you can by that one in every photo shop or drug mart for about 5 bucks. O-Rings are standard and should be in the inventory of any decent dive shop.

Michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom