UAE West Coast Temperatures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Been doing some shore dives between Sunset Mall Beach and La Mer off Dubai over the past two weeks.

Today was the best day with four small seahorses in the seagrass.

Found some nudis too, but didn't get decent shots. Might go back tomorrow with the Nikon as I was using the TG6 today.

Returned to La Mer this morning.

The main objective was to photograph the nudis we found yesterday.

I descended and almost landed on the first seahorse, which was the pregnant one we'd seen yesterday, and about 10 mins later I found a second one.

However the key objective was the nudis, and from my books have decided it is a Jorunna sp.

Egg ribbon

Water temps already hitting 26C now on this side, dare I move from the 7mm to the 5mm tomorrow over on the east coast?

I'm pretty sure it will be still 23C over there.

Did an 88 min dive south of La Mer last Sunday with my daughter and another instructor, who hadn't been in the water since last November.

No Nudis :( not sure why but could be temperature related as the water was 29C

I did find one seahorse and my daughter found a second. Well camouflaged too.

full

Been diving La Mer South the past couple of mornings. Nice long solo dives.

Took me a while to find a seahorse yesterday, around 44 mins.

Today was much better, two within 11 mins.

I had the snoot attached and was using the TG6

Another long dive this morning to visit my sleepy Hippocampus friends

Another morning dive and a couple of seahorses.

I was towed by a DM in training to where I wanted to dive, almost as good as an Uber 🤣

Found a small nudi in the seagrass too, still to ID it.

Back to La Mer this morning with a few more buddies with a main focus on a clean up.

EDA provided some net bags and off we set losing each other within 10 minutes. 111 Minute dive in 34C water temp, at 6m. Air temps were 40C.

Found three seahorses in the last 10 mins when I met up with my best buddy Kerstin.

full

looks puny compared to the mammoth ones we find on the east coast
Yes they are tiny, different species to the ones off the east coast

Back
Top Bottom