U/W MP3 player - closeout deal from iRiver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lol...I tried ours on Monday and put it in my BCD pocket....the deeper I went, the more I had to pump up the volume....it was.....interesting.

I tried mine out last Sunday while doing my 20 foot deco stop. I had about 15 minutes to spend there so I clipped the ear pieces to the mask strap and rocked out. :D Sure makes that last stop go by faster.

I carried the player in a pouch that I carry on my waist strap. I usually carry a spare mask in it for deeper dives but ditched the mask and the player fit perfectly.

Flea Dog:
BTW, If you use WMA files instead of mp3s you will be able to get more songs on the player. I have usually done this with players with smaller memory.

Flea Dog

Good idea? I was going back and reripping my MP3s to a smaller bitrate to shrink them a little. Have to try this too.

webhead:
Fellow divers,

I wanted to share a great deal on u/w mp3 players from iRiver that I heard about on another diver's forum. I ordered a few units and have to say this is a real deal.

https://secure17.nexternal.com/shar...usType=BtoC&Count1=951900660&Count2=869041085

Go to the underwater section for mp3 players. Or do a web search for iriver america if this link doesn't work.

So why is this a good deal? My list of reasons.

This is essentially the same unit I tried in the Caymans over a year ago when they were selling for over $300.

Only $40 for the 128 meg version - only about 2 hours of noise. :11doh:

The features are very nice - adjustable equalizer, fm tuner and built in recorder for line in, fm or voice - has a built in mic

Also, there is a firmware upgrade that makes the unit look like a flash drive when connected via usb to the pc - i.e. no drivers or software to load to move mp3 files. This makes is very friendly for dive trips when you want to share those Jaws theme songs.

And, the housing is rated to 200 feet. :D Not going to make it on all my deco dives but not a bad start.

I can't claim finding this deal myself - read about it on another diving forum but after getting mine and playing with it, I had to share.

Nor can I claim the idea of testing this in the bath tub..... :11:

Thanks for the link. Just ordered mine too. Interesting what justleesa said about having to "pump up the volume" the deeper you went.

Izu:
A solution to a nonexistant problem. Prolly why they never sold. Total waste of money IMHO.
I just ordered one.:D
I couldn't agree more, what a frivilous scuba purchase. :shakehead

I can't wait for mine to arrive. :eyebrow:

John (normally a Nano user, go figure)

OK, looks Good.

I actually made an Impulse Purchase! But now one problem?

How do I get my iTunes music to load into the thing?

Just hooking up to the PC with iTunes it refuses to load on anything but an iPod. Secret handshake or something?

I just bought one because I find cave dives boring, but that's all my group seems to want to do. So hey... now I can go and not be so bored.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom