U-869 on 60 Minutes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wrekdiver2

Contributor
Reaction score
I thought you might like a little advanced notice of 60 Minutes on CBS will air a segment about the wreck of the U-869, of Shadow Diver's fame, on Wednesday October 20th. Check your local listings for exact times.

Thanks for the heads up, and for reminding me that I had some cool info as well. I figure I'll just add it on here...

On November 8Th the History Channel is airing a new episode of Deep Sea Detectives. It's going to be about the U.S.S. San Diego. They did some research and deep penetration dives to try to sort out the many theories on what really sank the ship. Should be pretty interesting...

I would have a night dive scheduled that night. Maybe the wife will tape it. By the way, anyone who hasn't read the book, it's well worth the time.

ScottyK:
Thanks for the heads up, and for reminding me that I had some cool info as well. I figure I'll just add it on here...

On November 8Th the History Channel is airing a new episode of Deep Sea Detectives. It's going to be about the U.S.S. San Diego. They did some research and deep penetration dives to try to sort out the many theories on what really sank the ship. Should be pretty interesting...

Thanks for the date. When they filmed it, the guys said it was to be aired in Nov, but they didn't have an exact date.

Matter of fact, they used the Lockness out of Freeport, nice boat, great crew. Been out on it couple of times, even to the San Diego few weeks ago.

just checked 60 min website and do not see this on "this weeks episodes." Are you sure about date?

thank you

Just checked my emails from yesterday.

Had one from John Allen from Northeast Scuba and he said that the segment "got bumped" and will be broadcast at another time.

wrekdiver2:
I thought you might like a little advanced notice of 60 Minutes on CBS will air a segment about the wreck of the U-869, of Shadow Diver's fame, on Wednesday October 20th. Check your local listings for exact times.

I don't see that on todays show topics????

ScottyK:
They did some research and deep penetration dives to try to sort out the many theories on what really sank the ship. Should be pretty interesting...

I just finished reading "the last dive" and in the final chapters they discuss that it looks like it shot itself with one of its own torpedoes, which using sound for direction, homed in on its own engines. It will be interesting to see what they conclude..

i hope nobodys reading shadow divers, or you just ruined the mystery for them..:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom