Question Trying to decide on a rebreather unit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My take... I have a Triton and a ISC Meg15. I trust my Meg and I do not trust my Trtion. I love dealing with the guys at ISC, I hate dealing with the arrogance of M3S even after telling them about several major issues including a major manufacturing defect that prevented me from diving after dragging that skinny little lunch sack all the way over to Asia. You pick your poison :) One thing I am learning is that no one CCR is perfect.. but I am continuing the search :)
If only it were available with Shearwater electronics and no Monex

If only it were available with Shearwater electronics and no Monex
Lol very true. They have come to their senses to some degree where you can opt for a AK4 pin connector and connect shearwater in addition to the pesky Monox however it would be relly nice to just do away with the monox altogether and install two shearwaters (NERD and Petrel would be perfect). In my case I trashed my monox because I did not screw the charge plug in tight enough (my fault). So now I am considering a total rebuild of the electronics and removing the monox totally like some Triton owners have already done.

You know it’s available with a Petrel.
It is as you stated available with a Petrel (or a Nerd). But ... they still force the monox down your unwilling throat :( Would be nice if they just let us choose to have two 4pin AK ports coming out of the cell holder and be done with it. Also get rid of that ribbon cable going to the sensors where for some strange reason they are using the outer and center pin which makes no sense to me (I would use both of the outer pins).

So now I am considering a total rebuild of the electronics and removing the monox totally like some Triton owners have already done.
Do you know of any 'blogs' describing how this is done?

Kind of like AP Diving not offering an Inspiration without the hideous plastic yellow box, but with a factory supplied G-Box

Wonder if the excuse will be CE type appoval?

In my case I trashed my monox because I did not screw the charge plug in tight enough (my fault). So now I am considering a total rebuild of the electronics and removing the monox totally like some Triton owners have already done

What sort of idiot would do a thing like that? Don’t you check these things before you dive? FFS….🤡

Attachments

• IMG_3399.jpeg
    IMG_3399.jpeg
    117.4 KB · Views: 31
Do you know of any 'blogs' describing how this is done?

Kind of like AP Diving not offering an Inspiration without the hideous plastic yellow box, but with a factory supplied G-Box

Wonder if the excuse will be CE type appoval?
Honestly no mate. I am searching in vain.. but I am stubborn and I will be doing this once I get home next month. I am currently in Asia taking some training and crossovers to RAID :) Time to drown the PADI pill lol. Actually excited for a new path and start up my adventure into tech instructor so I can teach my military veterans at deeper depths. I have found that I am calmer teaching below 30m lol. One of my students last month told me she felt more comfortable with me at 40m that on the surface :) I reminded her that her compliment whilst well intended said absolutely nothing for my character on the surface! Sorry.. went off topic.. so yes I am going to do this myself and I have a potted one like yours so if you want.. hold onto your unit and I will do it first and post a howto as I think there are so many divers on the Triton that are stuck with this issue. Maybe we can all take our monox's and have a burn party and send a video to M3S ... kind of like how their tractor drivers doth protest.

What sort of idiot would do a thing like that? Don’t you check these things before you dive? FFS….🤡
Ouch.. you just sent shivers down my back!! It was most certainly an ahhh duck duck duck moment for me as I stared at the pooey monox screen at 30m .. I almost expected a clownfish to start swimming behind the screen it was sucking in so much water lol. Yours looks mighty pretty! You should frame that in your dive locker for prosperity .. rice and hairdryers did not save my stupidity.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom