type of fins for easy cramping legs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tried my new Mor-Fins. Natural rubber model. The movement was very interesting. The leg motion was basically like walking -- which is very strange.

I plan on trying them again in the pool a few more times, until I have a better sense of them.

Shaka -- have you tried the older open-toe version? What was that like?

The banana thing only applies to fishing boats. If a dive boat captain gives you grief about them, tell the captain to go back to longlining.
If you're getting cramps swimming, get in better condition or get a scooter after you make sure that your fins are not too tight - even ½ size too small can make you start cramping towards the end of the dive.

I used to get cramps, regardless of whether I stretched, made sure I was hydrated, whatever. I switched to Force Fin Pros about 5 years ago, and regardless the conditions or how much I dive in a day ( normally do 4 or 5 dives a day when i vacation) I have never cramped in my Force Fins Pros.
There is a lot of anti-Force Fin people here on SB, and I'll probably get flamed for recommending them, but see if one of your local shops has any in their rental stock and try them for a few dives. It takes a couple of dives to get used to them, but if you're like me, you'll lose the leg cramps, and find you're far more manuverable in them.
Good luck,
C-Dawg

Second your opinion, you quickly forget what leg cramps are once you make the switch to force fins, and that is only one of the many, many benefits to making the switch.

If your main concern is avoiding cramps I recommend Force Fin Originals for scuba diving and Force Fin Slim Fins for pool swimming. These fins will have the least amount of load on your body and will help you in avoiding cramps. A lot of people use the Originals in the pool so if you are looking just for one pair you could go with Originals and use this as your training fin and diving fin.
http://www.forcefin.com/FF_PAGES/FF_Products/forcefindive_product.htm
Many different places to buy Force Fins so look around and do your shopping your best bet would be if your LDS had a demo pair to try out and then make your decision.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom