two young men killed in o2 explosion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

abnfrog

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
take O2 MORE seriously people !!!
It seems to indicate it is care in manual handling of cylinders that needs to improve. This is a 'take pressure vessels more seriously' incident, two men killed in a cylinder rupture rather than an O2 explosion. This is a risk that all scuba divers are exposed to, plus anyone using HP gas bottles at home or work. It's not limited to those using O2, unless the article misses the parts where the specific gas is the risk.

I call BS on this one. Google search "oxygen explosion July 2020" shows that the only oxygen related explosion in July 2020 happened in Iran in an oxygen factory. Searching using the words "sons" as well as above returns no related results. Note that the original document does not state where this happened or the names of the dead.

Oxygen cannot explode as such, although the cylinder could rupture if something catastrophic happened to the cylinder.

Wasn't there a young man in Florida killed a number of years ago as he carried his oxygen cylinder from the house to his vehicle? If I recall correctly, no one saw what actually happened so it wasn't known if dropped it or just what occurred.

Wasn't there a young man in Florida killed a number of years ago as he carried his oxygen cylinder from the house to his vehicle? If I recall correctly, no one saw what actually happened so it wasn't known if dropped it or just what occurred.
Yes that was about 4 years ago and the assumption was he dropped it. And you can actually initiate an O2 fire with an impact

Exploding scuba tank kills one - Florida

Yes that was about 4 years ago and the assumption was he dropped it. And you can actually initiate an O2 fire with an impact

DandyDon has brought forth the case I was recalling. It was 9 years ago. Is your case of "about 4 years ago", the same one or another?

DandyDon has brought forth the case I was recalling. It was 9 years ago. Is your case of "about 4 years ago", the same one or another?
ugh 9 years, where did they go?

No this is the same explosion I was thinking of, with the 2 friends in the Saint Pete apartment.

ugh 9 years, where did they go?

No this is the same explosion I was thinking of, with the 2 friends in the Saint Pete apartment.

Which is worse? I thought it was 15-20 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom