two young men killed in o2 explosion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I finally learned something! Pretty sure that I'll ignore it though.

This I can live with:
"Cylinders should be stored upright, with valve
protection cap in place, and firmly secured to prevent falling or being knocked over.
Cylinder temperatures should not exceed 52 °C (125 °F)."

This I will continue to ignore:
"Special precautions for user
Transport within user’s premises: always transport in closed containers that are
upright
and secure."

Michael

As I said in an earlier post, I call BS on the article. The link given corresponds with the original post in terms of ages and month BUT there is no mention of oxygen and, in fact, it calls it "gas". My guess is it was really LPG.
There's several questionable articles stemming from this same website posted to scubaboard. Some of the articles on that cylindertraining services .com (CTS) site are worse than others. It seems to me that either the owners of the site are scammers just making stuff up or they are so bad at information dissemination that they're easily mistaken for scammers. I almost hope they are scammers because if CTS are selling training and are this bad at communication then their students might end up worse off after the course.

At first I thought this was a case of poor translation into English but the entire website seems to be in English.

Example: oxygen tank death
Example: 26 k fine for lack of cyl training
Example: 737 destroyed by O2 explosion

There's several questionable articles stemming from this same website posted to scubaboard. Some of the articles on that cylindertraining services .com (CTS) site are worse than others. It seems to me that either the owners of the site are scammers just making stuff up or they are so bad at information dissemination that they're easily mistaken for scammers. I almost hope they are scammers because if CTS are selling training and are this bad at communication then their students might end up worse off after the course.

At first I thought this was a case of poor translation into English but the entire website seems to be in English.

Example: oxygen tank death
Example: 26 k fine for lack of cyl training
Example: 737 destroyed by O2 explosion

Every article on the cylindertraingservices.com website comes from actual events. There would be no purpose to scam anyone. We simply take information on cylinder incidents and apply them to basic safe practices. I dont list names of people or companies, because it serves no purpose. If nothing is reported, then people get a false sense of security. The intent is never to break every event down to a minute detail, because with most incidents there is little information. We take the basic data and create a one page synopsis. The articles are a reminder for everyone; SCUBA, industrial, aviation and firefighters to take cylinder safety seriously. Let me know if you would like more specific data of the three articles you state are a scam.

If nothing is reported, then people get a false sense of security.
I never had any fear of the welding oxygen bottles we moved around the barn, scuba tanks I see tossed on docks & boats, nor the medical oxygen bottles I see some using. The more I read about catastrophic incidents the more I have come to respect them. They should all have Bomb signs in large letters.

... I almost hope they are scammers because if CTS are selling training and are this bad at communication then their students might end up worse off after the course.

Or maybe just bad bot coders? -- It's not that hard to write an aggregator of catchy headlines, though apparently for best results one needs to go with US political parties and presidential candidates.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom