Two new studies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know it wasn't specifically covered in this research but I was curious if you thought there would be a difference in long term storage between the granular sorb tested and that of the extendair cartridge. I store mine in the tube it came in with lid sealed which i assume is semi air tight just curios of your thoughts.

A third study containing new data on the efficacy of temp sticks on warning of CO2 break through in rebreathers will be presented at Eurotek at Birmingham in the first weekend of December

Really interested to know the outcome of this study, now that Eurotek has been and gone, did any one see it?

Simon are you able to provide an overview of outcomes or a link to this study?

Cheers

Really interested to know the outcome of this study, now that Eurotek has been and gone, did any one see it?

Simon are you able to provide an overview of outcomes or a link to this study?

Cheers

A friend of mine was there and saw the presentation. He emailed me about it this morning. Even sent a couple of photos that he took of slides that Dr Mitchell showed. It seems that temp sticks are (or can be) pretty reliable and accurate for predicting scrubber breakthrough. I am hoping that Dr Mitchell will post his presentation on YouTube.

Hello,

I have recently alluded to two new studies of high relevance to technical divers on other old threads, but the fact that these threads were old and had largely run their course may have reduced visibility.

These studies relating to topics that have been discussed here and elsewhere have recently been published and are available to the general public.

The first is a review of the very controversial topic of in water recompression. The review includes some new data of high relevance to the question of whether in water recompression is likely to be of benefit. I have uploaded the pdf of that study to this post.

DOOLETTE DJ, MITCHELL SJ. In water recompression. Diving Hyperbaric Med. 48, 84-95, 2018. doi: 10.28920/dhm48.2.84-95.

The second is a study of the effect of storage modality on partly used CO2 absorbent canisters from rebreathers. It addresses the question of whether you need to store a partly used canister in a sealed container (or not) in order to best preserve its absorbent capacity for the next dive. You can download it here.

POLLOCK NW, GANT N, HARVEY D, MESLEY P, HART J, MITCHELL SJ. Storage of partly used closed-circuit rebreather carbon dioxide absorbent canisters. Diving Hyperbaric Med. 48, 96-101, 2018. doi: 10.28920/dhm48.2.96-101.

I am happy to discuss either of these studies here.

A third study containing new data on the efficacy of temp sticks on warning of CO2 break through in rebreathers will be presented at Eurotek at Birmingham in the first weekend of December. Eurotek is an awesome meeting and I commend it to any tech divers who can make it.

Simon M
Thank you Dr. Simon. These are important studies.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom