Two new OW divers checking in!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MargaritavilleDiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
My wife and I just got OW certified! :D

We had a great time - our instructor was excellent, there were only 4 of us in the class so we got to spend a lot of time going over things we weren't too sure on; the first two OW dives were off Key Largo, visibilty was excellent (captain's words - I don't have much to compare it to!), we even saw some nurse sharks which my wife was quite pleased about.

For the last two dives the sky was clouded over so visibility wasn't as good, but we went to a wreck at 60ft; as we descended the ship came into view and slowly I could see more and more of it as I got deeper - I was living the Discovery Channel! :D

Anyway, it was great, we really enjoyed it and met some great people. We're eager to go again, but we can't for two weeks... :(

I thought my wife would have problems taking her mask off underwater etc. but in fact she did it better than me, the first time I went to clear my mask in the pool I exhaled too hard with my fingers applying force in the wrong direction and my mask flew off my head! :11doh:

Thanks Scubaboard, and its members, for the advice and encouragement.

A great big CONGRATULATIONS and it sounds like you had a great experience. That's what it's all about.

Many, many congrats to both you and your wife for the certs! Warning, though--you're about to become hopelessly addicted to scuba... :)

Congratulations to you and your wife!!!!

What a treat doing your check-dives off of Key Largo....

Great way to start!!!!

Congrats and welcome to the wonderful world of diving.

Now you do realise that your entire world will now revolve around diving don't you?

Thanks for checking in. :)

Now go out and have fun underwater.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

My wife has already been looking at the equipment she wants to buy, so I'll be lubricating my credit card in preperation to pass the time until our next dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom