Two Maui dives with Shaka Doug

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

carpoza

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My 13 year old daughter and I spent the day diving with Shaka Doug. We had a couple of fantastic dives. Doug was fun and laidback while at the same time being complete and thourough in his dive briefings. We first dove Five Caves/Turtletown in the morning. My daughter was very excited to see her first turtles and were able to see octopus, baracuda, various goatfish, butterflyfish, parrotfish, unicornfish, pipfish and even a nudi. We went to Ulua beach next and doug found us three frogfish. I love those funny looking little critters! Of course Doug ended both dives with some bubble rings. If you are ever in Maui I highly recomend Shaka Doug for a couple of guided dives. It really does pay to have someone who knows their stuff show you around.
We had a great time, Doug. My daughter now dreams of living on Maui and diving every day.

Last edited:
my wife and I dove with Doug I agree very awsome laid back but professional and knowledgable both with the enviroment and diving. Glad you had a good time

My daughter was very excited to see her first turtles and were able to see octopus, baracuda, various goatfish, butterflyfish, parrotfish, unicornfish, pipfish and even a nudi. We went to Ulua beach next and doug found us three frogfish.

But did you see any chemtrails? :D

Seriously, glad you had fun and got to see some cool stuff!

I was out with Doug for some night dives a few weeks ago and had a blast- I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone going to Maui. And should you ever lock your keys in your trunk, he can be quite resourceful. A big Mahalo for that!

Carpoza,

Great diving with you and the rest of your crew. I was "The other guy" in our small group.

I am working on my pictures but I have a bunch that shows everyone. I wiil post a report next week when I get back to SoCal.

You are correct about Doug, he is super guide and knows a ton. In fact, I will be diving with him again tomorrow.

Meanwhile, here is a picture of Tina from our first dive

110613Turtle2.jpg

LLKZ16,
We had a great time diving with you. We went out to Molokini and Wialea Point on the Sundancer III (Dive and Sea Maui). Molokinia was amazing! Is you son going diving with you tomorrow?

Glad you guys had fun. We had some great dives last week... It was a pleasure to dive with you.

Here's an action shot I got of you taking that nice turtle pic Lee! I hope you like it!

6-13-11_Diving_Five_Caves_Ulua_Beach_005.JPG

Back
Top Bottom