Two divers missing Whitsunday Islands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But why didn't the two who were rescued mention that they had had a separate briefing? The DAN quote also said they were not the only ones to surface outside the lagoon. This would also point to the boat crew giving wrong information.

One of the divers on the boat was interviewed, it was posted earlier here, saying the boat and the other passengers were worried and searching at the one hour dive time mark.

I have no idea who is lying here but since the stories are so different, someone must be.

By now I think some of them are even confused. Investigators like to get the interviews quickly for good reason. Minds wander.

During the first interview screened on TV, the man did say that he had discussed not diving with the group, and that he had been advised on the position of the hole in the reef which would lead him out of the lagoon.

At that stage I am absolutely positive the word briefing was never used.

But why didn't the two who were rescued mention that they had had a separate briefing? The DAN quote also said they were not the only ones to surface outside the lagoon. This would also point to the boat crew giving wrong information.

One of the divers on the boat was interviewed, it was posted earlier here, saying the boat and the other passengers were worried and searching at the one hour dive time mark.

I have no idea who is lying here but since the stories are so different, someone must be.
Didn’t the boat get cleared? One of the links back in page one (my screen J)? I can’t imagine the other customers were not consulted about events as they were aware of them. I don’t get the impression AU is big on innocent until proven guilty as far as the Op’s go from Almighty Wife. If any disagreement – between anyone - would that have not been thoroughly addressed?

I keep getting the feeling the Dalton Gang neglected to get appropriate PR briefing for how to speak publicly in a convincing manner, be it truth or lie. If they are telling the truth it’s not convincing. If they are lying, they aren’t doing it very well. I keep reading and hearing them contradict them selves with one statement absolving a point that condemns on another and switching back and forth.
Oh, also, back there somewhere was they said they were not told to not go out…and also there; they found the way out, couldn’t find the way back in. Hello? Wouldn’t that be the same place?
Is it the briefer (or boats) fault they couldn’t navigate? Did they go where they were told to in a separate briefing…and the boat just didn’t go look where it told them to go? Down current where they didn’t want to go pick up anyone else (not to surface immediately once in current?)

By now I think some of them are even confused. Investigators like to get the interviews quickly for good reason. Minds wander.
I used to be initial onsite accident investigator for a resort (no not diving) and it was amazing how brutally honest and revealing people are verbally working it out for them selves, the shock and all. You have to answer questions and if not in on a ‘plan’ how do you know what the right answer is – aside from the truth? I’d love to see a transcript of all the first statements collected and compare them to the more detailed after.
(Not that facts aren’t inadvertently omitted, time lines compressed or expanded…but the stuff I heard first hand at the scene did mesh together.)

Thankfully, I don't need your persmission for that...

Nope, you're free to hold as many irrational, badly thought out and demonstrably fallicious prejudices as you please. Be my guest! No persmission (sic) needed.

However, please don't expect the rest of us to swallow your unfounded accusations without applying the slightest bit of critical thought to the situation.

Nope, you're free to hold as many irrational, badly thought out and demonstrably fallicious prejudices as you please. Be my guest! No persmission (sic) needed.

However, please don't expect the rest of us to swallow your unfounded accusations without applying the slightest bit of critical thought to the situation.

I think you're more interested in proving me wrong than proving them to be innocent of any undo speculation...You need a new hobby buddy...Maybe you should take up diving???

Last edited:
:catfight:[c]
duel.gif
[/c]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom