two D rings instead of one.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jeff Kruse

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
does anybody use two d rings on the waist belt, with two bolt snaps on the tank? If you did this you would never have to re trim the tank.

The idea has popped up a few times over the years. Unnecessary, complicates donning and doffing, and isn't really scalable to multiple bottles. It would also complicate reaching between your cylinder and your body in order to grab and attach a stage. Find the type of slider or number of fixed d-rings that work for you, and be done with it.

There's a video on SB somewhere.... The "triangle method" I think they called it. But I'm with @grantctobin on this.

does anybody use two d rings on the waist belt, with two bolt snaps on the tank? If you did this you would never have to re trim the tank.
What tanks. If you’re using steel tanks, no need for that, you just let them hang. For aluminum, you can’t use a stage then, since you mount the stage by cross clipping.

Here's the video I was thinking of. Previously posted here by @happy-diver

Using double enders instead of bolt snaps but same idea

no, not whats in the video. he only has one attach point on the tank, so it doesn't do any good. If you put two seperate boltsnaps on the tank band and then two d rings on the belt. You can pull it foward with the one and backwards with the other. That way the tank can't move up or down, it stays where you put it.
I saw a video of a guy doing this, think it was called (ghost divers) looked like it worked good. The tank won't move at all.

Gee Bill! How come your mom lets you dive TWO D-rings?

no, not whats in the video. he only has one attach point on the tank, so it doesn't do any good. If you put two seperate boltsnaps on the tank band and then two d rings on the belt. You can pull it foward with the one and backwards with the other. That way the tank can't move up or down, it stays where you put it.
I saw a video of a guy doing this, think it was called (ghost divers) looked like it worked good. The tank won't move at all.
Solution to a problem that doesn’t exist, similar to the guy on Facebook peddling a fixed attachment system. Sliding cylinders forward becomes subconscious.

Back
Top Bottom