Side mounting with AL 80s and deco tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This prevents the deco tank bungee and sliding d ring main tank leash from crossing and preventing the sliding d ring from being moved forward on the waist belt?

Yes, the deco tank is clipped to the drop D in the back and the primary tank is on the sliding D, so they don't interfere with each other.

Your stage/deco rigging is a few inches higher on the tank from what? The camband on the main tank? Thanks in advance.

Measurement is from the center of the valve. My primary tanks are 17", while my deco/stage tanks are 12".

Measurement is from the center of the valve. My primary tanks are 17", while my deco/stage tanks are 12".
Seconded. Caveat, my deco cylinders are all standard DIR kitted, but for OC stages or something that will be swam with for a significant distance that doesn’t have helium in it, the above is the way to go.

I do not use DIR rigging for my stages. The top bolt snap is on a bungee chocker and routes between the Spg and 2nd stage hoses. The lower snap is on a bungee leash sized just rite to hold the tank where I want it when clipped to the drop D in the back and aliened with the valve outlet.

This is very similar to what you will find on sidemounting.com as the "advanced setup".

Back
Top Bottom