Two Bottles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I always put the one I breath first on the bottom. That way when it goes positive, the other tank is holding it down.

If I'm leaving the 80 up front (rare) I put the 80 inside and the 40 outside to hold it down as Jeff describes.

If I'm going to rotate the 80 back on a leash when its empty (most dives), I put in on the outside so I'm not having to withdraw it from underneath the 40.

"it depends"

General UTD policy is "put it where it does the most good"

So for a bottom stage and a deco gas, bottom stage on the inside like Jeff Says

If I have a 120,70 and O2 (3 deco, no stage) then 120 inside, 70 outside, 20 on leash

if I had 2 bottom stages under arm, breathe the inside one first generally, even though it might be a bit more of a pain to stow the hose (my stubby arms barely fit around 2 80s)

if i have just a 50% and 20 bottle, then 50% inside, 20 outside.

Interestingly, there are different definitions of "inside" and "outside" on the rear clip.
For me, "inside" on the rear means the clip is closest to my body on the D-ring(top) but I believe some like the outside bottle there... I dont like that as then the stage clip gets fouled in the "outside" clip when the stage gets light.

I think I order my clips like on the 5thd-X video on the hip D-ring

Order is (Inside bottle, Outside bottle, SPG, Leash) from "top" to "bottom"

You will need a leash for your class with AG too I am expecting :)

You will need a leash for your class with AG too I am expecting :)

Although Andrew will otherwise give you contradictory information about which way to clip your bottles. Somedays like me (many dives) with the 80 on the outside and easy to move back and out of the way. Somedays in OW on the inside where its held down. Or on the 80 inside for caves since you are dropping the 40 of O2 and its easiest to remove from the outside.

Its kinda up to you to decide what you desire for any given type of dive. You should be reasonably comfortable diving either way. As far as I know there's no UTD or GUE standard.

Although Andrew will otherwise give you contradictory information about which way to clip your bottles. Somedays like me (many dives) with the 80 on the outside and easy to move back and out of the way. Somedays in OW on the inside where its held down. Or on the 80 inside for caves since you are dropping the 40 of O2 and its easiest to remove from the outside.

Its kinda up to you to decide what you desire for any given type of dive. You should be reasonably comfortable diving either way. As far as I know there's no UTD or GUE standard.

Oh Richard, stop misunderstanding :)

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom