Twinkies No More!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Twinkies needs a bailout now!!!!:rofl3::rofl3:

Really. Just sub a stick of butter dipped in batter and deep fried. Just as good for you. I broke down and had a twinkie a couple weeks ago out of the vending machine at work. That was the first one in probably a couple years. I could not get the nasty checmical taste out of my mouth for hours. Christ! When I was a kid those things were like the base of the food pyramid I had that I hid from my mom. Over the last couple years I've been cutting out fast foods like Mickey D's, Wendy's, and Burger King. Cooking more at home and eating fruits instead of packaged cake products. To the point where my body now rejects that stuff. Sometimes violently. Mickey D's is now nothing more than a super powered laxative. Burger King is what I'd get if I ever swallowed something that needed to be thrown up. And Wendy's is great for when I want a good case of heartburn.

Ever notice lately how much oily residue there is on stuff like Twinkie's, Ding Dong's, and the cupcakes? Think that's good for you? Not me. Good riddance. As for the workers maybe they can get jobs making healthy snacks. Probably not, cause as was said someone will take up the cause to keep companies that make insulin injectors in business. Wouldn't surprise me if Mylan, Pfizer, or one of the other big drug companies bought the assets and kept the line going. Would insure profits for years to come for them.

Haven't had a Twinkie in decades, but the Hostess products have been on sale at the local grocery store for months. I've been buying the 6 packs of small donuts. I think I'll lose 20 pounds next year thanks to this!

I don't like government intervention in telling us what to eat. But honestly, the food they were selling was crappy, bad for you, not very tasty and an expensive habit. Their sales have been down for years. Maybe where is are seeing are the desperate death throws of a company that failed to adapt to the evolving market. The fact that a few addicts and nostalgic types are willing to pay high prices on ebay is inconsequential. If you believe in the capitalistic system like I do, the strong will survive unless the government screws it up, not a factor here.. They are not the strong. In Texas, we can deep fry anything and the loss of Twinkies is not the end of the world.

Absolutely!

If they had been smart, they would have started a subsidery that made healthy snacks they may have carried the ones that made this crap.

59065_10151315904196153_630530638_n.png

I haven't eaten a Twinkie in more than 40 years. I can say the same for its Hostess colleagues. I don't think I know anyone who would eat any of them. We live in a different world now. If you continue to make a product that fewer and fewer people want to buy, well, you can blame your employees all you want, but that won't keep you in business.

I checked at the island's grocery store last night... Twinkies have been sold out for a while, but there are still a few of the other products including the Donettes. I look forward to seeing the last of the crumb donettes disappear since I have so little will power.

I don't like government intervention in telling us what to eat. But honestly, the food they were selling was crappy, bad for you, not very tasty and an expensive habit. Their sales have been down for years. Maybe where is are seeing are the desperate death throws of a company that failed to adapt to the evolving market. The fact that a few addicts and nostalgic types are willing to pay high prices on ebay is inconsequential. If you believe in the capitalistic system like I do, the strong will survive unless the government screws it up, not a factor here.. They are not the strong. In Texas, we can deep fry anything and the loss of Twinkies is not the end of the world.
I don't think I care for any of their products, but it looks like they may all be saved under one company. Bimbo is the largest bakery company in the world and already owns much of US productions, even Mrs. Baird's.

Bimbo & Twinkies: Mexican Mega Bakery May Save Brands From Hostess Liquidation

Back
Top Bottom