TwinJets Suck Don't care much For ScubaPro'S TwinJet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've had to purchase two sets of fins, I first bought the Appollo Bios size LL. I love thsee fins, however I found the foot pocket was small using the DUI Rock boots and DUI Drysuit CF-200x. I could just get my size 14's into the fins. I still use and like them though with this suit. A short time ago, I was luckey enough to win a Harvey's Drysuit Aqua-Capsul which had really big built in boots. They wouldn't even start to fit the Bios. So, I tried to find a fin that would fit (a split fin if poss.) I tried the SCUBAPRO Black Twinjet fin in their largest size. It is big but it is still marginal with those Harvey's boots. I bought them though since they are the only ones that will work. I still like the bios for tropical or use with my DUI suit. I find that what is said about split fins are true...they really work. The split fin twins just might be a hair faster in the pool...but who cares about speed...not me. I just wished that one could order the bio to size!

Joewr,

At size 12, my quattros served (and still serve) me just fine.

Btw, you know what they say about divers with BIG hands and BIG feet right?

... Big Reef Gloves and Big Booties!!

=-)

KN,

I am shocked! Remember this is a family website!

Originally posted by King_Neptune

Btw, you know what they say about divers with Big Booties!!

=-)

Joewr...aka, Bigfoot

I got the black TwinJets and I love them.

I had an old pair of Alphas and they were finished, so I tried these black TwinJets and I love them.

I can tell you there is a ton of difference betwen the Graphite ones and the black ones. Just pick them up and give 'em a little flop. You can tell how much more pliable the Graphite ones are. That told me that they didn't offer much resistance so not much in the way of propulsion in the water.

I could tell immediately after trying the Black TwinJets the first time that I was getting much more yards for my kicks compared to what I had.

I never tried them in the water, but I could imagine the Graphite ones wouldn't offer much at all.

Just my opinion though..:p

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom