Twin Lakes flash back...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I came across some photos taken at TL from the beginning in 2002 when there was barely a dock. 2004 and 2005 there were only 2 docks and the lake was FULL! Will we ever see it this way again?

First dock in 2002..yes, the viz really was that good! It was before students!

aam.jpg

In the shallows no photo processing necessary.
aar.jpg

abh_001.jpg

abm_001.jpg

abp_001.jpg

abp.jpg

abr.jpg

Full lake! First dock...to the North
aal.jpg

Facing West
aam.jpg

Facing East
aar.jpg

Before NetDoc took charge of SB, our original banner on Swampers Point...
acb.jpg

You sure are feeling nostalgic lately aren't you? :)

LOL! Guess so! I was going through some old photo files and found these, figured others might enjoy seeing them. Especially those who never saw TL in it's good days.

wow, i was at TL about a year and a half ago...only went there once, wasn't impressed. But if it still looked like those pics, I'd probably have gone a few more times. Such a shame to see a dive site ruined.

Yes, it is. It was really a nice place before the swimmers, big families and spring break-type partyers discovered it. Sad.... it could have been such a great place with a few enforced rules.

I had forgotten how clear the water there would get and how nice those floating platforms were. I had some pictures that I was going to add but can't find them at the moment.

DEE! Pete! Good to see you guys!

I take it TL hasnt fared well. I can't remember the last time I was out there...

Hey!!! How ya been? No, TL is just about dried up. You almost have to be a goat to get down and back from the water. Somehow the town tapped into the water table and used up all our water! We haven't dived there in almost 2 years. We're gonna have to find a new spot, probably 288 Lake. Have you been there lately?

Hey!!! How ya been? No, TL is just about dried up. You almost have to be a goat to get down and back from the water. Somehow the town tapped into the water table and used up all our water! We haven't dived there in almost 2 years. We're gonna have to find a new spot, probably 288 Lake. Have you been there lately?

No, probably the last time I was there was the last time I saw y'all.

288 is the old Reef?

I refereed a first round state girls basketball playoff game this evening at Manvel High School which is just east of Twin Lakes on the north side of Highway 6. Maybe 1/2 a mile or so from the lake. I had a chance to see the lake. There is no way we could dive it now. The airplane is sitting out in the open. Very sad.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom