Twin 30's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Luxfer isn't currently producing the 30 but I am sure you can find old stock. The Luxfer 30 is 4.87" diameter and the Luxfer 40 is 5.25" diameter. Since you have the US Divers manifold, the aluminum 40s from any manufacturer absolutly will not fit. Neither will the 30s from HyMark or Catalina. Unfortunatly, the steel 45s are even larger at 5.5" so they won't fit either. The largest aluminum tanks that will fit are the Luxfer 30s.

Here is a reasonably correct list of tank specs:

http://www.huronscuba.com/equipment/scubaCylinderSpecification.html

Personally, I am a huge fan of multiple skinny tanks. I have double 40s, triple 40s, double 35s, triple 35s and quad 20s.

If you can't find Luxfer 30s, I may have a spare manifold with 5.5" spacing that you could use with either 40s or 30s from any manufacturer.

Luxfer isn't currently producing the 30 but I am sure you can find old stock. The Luxfer 30 is 4.87" diameter and the Luxfer 40 is 5.25" diameter. Since you have the US Divers manifold, the aluminum 40s from any manufacturer absolutly will not fit. Neither will the 30s from HyMark or Catalina. Unfortunatly, the steel 45s are even larger at 5.5" so they won't fit either. The largest aluminum tanks that will fit are the Luxfer 30s.

Here is a reasonably correct list of tank specs:

Scuba Cylinder Specification Chart from Huron Scuba, Ann Arbor Michigan

Personally, I am a huge fan of multiple skinny tanks. I have double 40s, triple 40s, double 35s, triple 35s and quad 20s.

If you can't find Luxfer 30s, I may have a spare manifold with 5.5" spacing that you could use with either 40s or 30s from any manufacturer.

--quad 20's, you have a pic??.....

I have the same little black solid bar manifold and took a pair of Luxfer 30's off it several years ago. They are the same diameter as Luxfer 40's, so no need to dig out the micrometer.

Hi DA Aquamaster,

Do you still have that manifold? Neither my US Divers double or triple manifold from the same series will fit Luxfer 40s (I have 6 of them). I thought that I have owned (or at least touched and measured) every US Divers manifold for skinny tanks from the UDS-1 on, including special milatary ones. Could you possably have one that I haven't seen?

BTW, if anyone is interested, the UDS-1 manifold has the spacing for 5.25" tanks but uses 1.25"-12 UNF tank neck threads rather than standard SCUBA 3/4"-14 NPS threads.

--quad 20's, you have a pic??.....

I'll have to look around. The tanks are almost exactly the same size as as the 2015psi 14 CF pony tanks but they are 3000 psi 7000 series aluminum and hold a little over 20CF each. Three tanks are manifolded with 2 regulator fittings and the fourth tank is independent.

Hi thx,

Have you found tanks yet?

Just curious, is your manifold with or without reserve?

I still have 4 in stock with 10/06 manufacture date, I am sure somebody else has to have them too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom