Aluminum 72 (AL72): what to do with it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

but the newer AL72 3000psi actually make excellent stage bottles and bailout tanks. In fact I prefer them over AL80s. They ride much nicer and like AL40s to me.

My favorite BO bottles as well.

Someone suggested sidemount to @tmassey

🤣😂

I think he’d rather stick a fork in his eye!

Someone suggested sidemount to @tmassey

🤣😂

I think he’d rather stick a fork in his eye!

Not true: I did a side mount dive when I was down there this spring…. I think it’s a perfectly valuable tool. It’s just a tool I have not yet grown enough to need.

Probably not for diving so much.
Surface snorkling..... :wink:

Save the manifold and band forsure.
You can make a nice steel 72 doubles

-Air pig for brad nailer, booster,
Drying other scuba tanks, etc

-test AC systems, (I use dry air)

- oxy propane torch set.

-Nitrous tank

I have a pile of them in my garage with the other 6351 tanks. I haven't found a use for them outside of umbrella stands.
the top you cut off to make an umbrella stands makes a great bell or wind-chime.

the top you cut off to make an umbrella stands makes a great bell or wind-chime.
They are aluminum. They make horrible bells. I make a lot of dogbowls from the bottoms.

My first tank was one of these. I still have it only because I have not decided what to make out of it. I'll probably just toss it pretty soon.

I like new Thunderbird (aka Metal Impact) 72cf tanks. Good CCR bailouts. 3000PSI.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom