Twilight dive on Wednesday: 12-17

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey guys, this is off topic, but I think it's pretty cool. I was down at dive n surf getting my tanks filled about an hour ago and I met a diver who was doing the same. Anyway, this guy tells me that he had just done a solo dive at Vets one hour earlier and had a juvenile gray whale swim 15' in front of him at about 65', how awesome would that be?! He said that they made eye contact and it just kind of checked him out and then it scraped it's body along the sandy bottom and swam off. He said that since it appeared to be a juvenile that it would be accompanied by its' mother, but said that he never did see mom.I hope to be this lucky one day.

Hey guys, this is off topic, but I think it's pretty cool. I was down at dive n surf getting my tanks filled about an hour ago and I met a diver who was doing the same. Anyway, this guy tells me that he had just done a solo dive at Vets one hour earlier and had a juvenile gray whale swim 15' in front of him at about 65', how awesome would that be?! He said that they made eye contact and it just kind of checked him out and then it scraped it's body along the sandy bottom and swam off. He said that since it appeared to be a juvenile that it would be accompanied by its' mother, but said that he never did see mom.I hope to be this lucky one day.

Okay, that's just nuts. Thanks for sharing Jamie.

Billy

Man I'm really jealous of you guys. I've never dove OML but I can't make it Sunday, I have 11 family members over for a pre-Christmas brunch. Damn that family stuff! Oh well next time maybe, let us know how it was.

I'm really really jealous! We've gone diving the past two nights, and now have two empty tanks, and Stephen is convinced that we're depriving the dogs of too much attention, so there's really no convincing him to go out tomorrow morning.

Just throwing it out there....January 10th and 11th (Saturday and Sunday) have ridiculously high tides in the morning (+7.2ft at 7:48am and +7.2ft at 8:36am). I will have my drysuit back and will be dying to get in the water, as tonight's dive is my last one until 2009 :( Anyone wanna plan on joining me for this dive?

If i have either of those two days off i would be happy to join you

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom