Twilight dive on Wednesday: 12-17

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When and where are people planning to dive? I'm down for Sunday as well, assuming we're not going to 100 feet or anything....I'm too big of a wuss for that with my wetsuit!

When and where are people planning to dive? I'm down for Sunday as well, assuming we're not going to 100 feet or anything....I'm too big of a wuss for that with my wetsuit!

I'm down for wherever, who lives where and how far does everyone wanna travel? I'm on the LA/Ventura County border so I'm pretty flexible(in the where I'll drive sense).

Hey Nicole I'd offer to wear my wetsuit as an act of sympathy but I'm not that crazy. :rofl3:

Billy

wish icould but ave to work both days :(

Wish I could make this weekend but I have family stuff both days. I get four day weekends the following two so I'm hoping to get out some then. I'll be checking the board to who might be going then.

From what wetsand is reporting it looks like our best bet is Palos Verdes. Jamie this is closer your hood, you got any favorite spots around there? The only place I've dove anywhere near there is Vet's, I'm always down to try somewhere new.

Billy

What's up Billy! I was kind of thinking about Flat Rock in P/V, although I have never been there before, so that's probably not a good first choice(unless someone else knows the site). We could do White Point or try our luck at Malaga.Anybody else have suggestions? Old Marineland?

Hey Jamie, just FYI, Flat Rock is not really a good place to do a shore dive....if you are taking a boat/kayak out there, it would be an awesome dive (I think)! You have two options....only one of which is feasible with dive gear. The first would be to walk all the way down the trail, and then all the way back to Flat Rock....the second would be to walk the beginning of the trail to the point where it splits off and goes straight to Flat Rock. The problem with this is that the trail to Flat Rock is not nice, and I can't imagine it could honestly be done in full dive gear. Maybe if you were free diving, but not with a tank and stuff on your back! At least I know I couldn't.

But we bought a kayak earlier this year and plan to buy another one, specifically to dive in that area without having to make the trek!

Hey Nicole I'd offer to wear my wetsuit as an act of sympathy but I'm not that crazy. :rofl3:

Billy

I can't beleave what a wuzz you've become. :mooner:

If the swells stay small I'd like to try the point at OML if I can talk Robert into it if he dives Sun. If he doesn't I'm definitely up for OML.

John

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom