Tusa PanoGeo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dotyj

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all:

Saturday I bought a Tusa PanoGeo mask from my LDS for $55.00. I don't know if that's a bad or a good price, but I figured that if nothing else, I'd get to try it on before I bought it.

Wow, what a difference this mask makes over the one I'd been using from the shop. I can see really well and don't feel like I'm looking through binoculars.

Looks like I'll have to trim my mustache down though. I still get a lot of leakage around it. It also looks like it's time for a hair cut. I had trouble keeping my hair out of the mask.

Anyway, the mask works great for me, and I think it was worth the money.

It retails for about 75-80 USD I believe. It's a great mask that I used for years and years until the Scubapro ClearVU2 came out

dotyj,

I tried several masks before the Tusa and it is by far the best mask to use with a mustache. I just trimmed my down a little bit and on one dive I actually had a mask squeeze it sealed so well. On my next dive it leaked just a bit but some lip balm stops it. I noticed a difference in my view as well, other masks seemed to make things distorted. The price seems OK I paid $45 @ LDS for mine.

Dive Safe,:D

It's good to see I made the right choice. My LDS really recommends Tusa masks and my instructor wears one. I don't remember which model.

One more item down, about a zillion to go. :)

Now I'm considering buying a pair of Scuba Pro Split Fins. I've been using a pair off the sales rack at the LDS and like them alot. I might as well buy them.

I have very small feet (Boy's size 3) and the Scuba Pro fines I've been wearing work well for me.

Thanks for the input on the mask. I really love how much better I can see with it.

James,

i'm happy you love the mask and that it has a great view becos you know why???

I bought the same mask but has yet to try it out !!!

hmm.....i was actually worried cos it is kind of high volume as compared to the rest of the masks.....

Have fun with your masks !!!!

:) :)

Hi TigerShark:

Yeah, it' got a lot of volume compared to the mask I'd been using, but it seems to be worth it. It takes more air to clear but I don't have any trouble clearing it when it floods. I feel I've made the right choice.

I trimmed my mustache down nice and short last night and trimmed under my nose. I'll find out tomorrow how much help the trimming will be. My session was rescheduled this morning so no diving for me today. That's okay though, tomorrow isn't a long wait.

TigerShark once bubbled...
James,

i'm happy you love the mask and that it has a great view becos you know why???

hmm.....i was actually worried cos it is kind of high volume as compared to the rest of the masks.....

Have fun with your masks !!!!

:) :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom