Turquoise Lake one day this weekend? 9/2 or 9/3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RonFrank

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Dan and I are discussing a day trip to Turquoise Lake this weekend. We have not made firm plans yet, but I'm thinking Sunday.

I'm throwing this out now to give any who *may* want to do this dive the opportunity to express interest.

CharlieO indicated 25foot vis which would be a record for my diving in CO to date. If you are interested you can respond to this thread, and we will contact you, and post more once we finalize what/where/when.

My wife,brother and I will be diving up there this weekend most likly by the macthless boat ramp or maybe a little closer by the dam. We were up there begining of Aug and had about 25 feet vis as well. Maybe we will see you up there.

Ron are you still up for this? If so, My wife and I will go up Saturday afternoon and be ready to dive Sunday AM. Need to pick a place to dive. I don't know anything about the lake.

Daxter:
My wife,brother and I will be diving up there this weekend most likly by the macthless boat ramp or maybe a little closer by the dam. We were up there begining of Aug and had about 25 feet vis as well. Maybe we will see you up there.

I hope we see you there. It is always good to meet divers who will dive local :D

Dan

Dan and I decided to bag the dive this weekend.

However Dan, if you are thinking I will drive 4 hours out and back to dive this place whith you and the wife camping prior to my arrival I may pass. I drive a big truck, so four hours alone in the truck along with a $75 gas bill to dive this junk is just not worth it if I can not split costs.....

If anyone wants to hook up, and dive this site, great.

I'm driving right by there tomorrow morning. I will drop you off and Dan can give you a ride back!
I am not coming back until Thursday night.

RonFrank:
Dan and I decided to bag the dive this weekend.

However Dan, if you are thinking I will drive 4 hours out and back to dive this place whith you and the wife camping prior to my arrival I may pass. I drive a big truck, so four hours alone in the truck along with a $75 gas bill to dive this junk is just not worth it if I can not split costs.....

If anyone wants to hook up, and dive this site, great.

If we dive the 10th, then it will be just me. So, we can share the ride, etc.

Is this day trip still alive? If so, who's in. There is some interest in my family of divers.

charlieo:
Is this day trip still alive? If so, who's in. There is some interest in my family of divers.

I'm on the fence, but I have the go ahead from the wife if I want to go! :D I've been kinda keeping an eye on the weather.

Dan, I'm SURE will want to go.. unless something comes up, which can happen!

What RU thinking if we go. I could meet you all at the Evergreen exit at the WallMart, or the RTD ParkNRide, and we could ride share from there? I assume it's about 90 minutes from that point.

Let me know your thoughts, and for that matter PM me your phone number as I don't have it. I'll PM you mine after I submit this post.

RonFrank:
I'm on the fence, but I have the go ahead from the wife if I want to go! :D I've been kinda keeping an eye on the weather.

Dan, I'm SURE will want to go.. unless something comes up, which can happen!

What RU thinking if we go. I could meet you all at the Evergreen exit at the WallMart, or the RTD ParkNRide, and we could ride share from there? I assume it's about 90 minutes from that point.

Let me know your thoughts, and for that matter PM me your phone number as I don't have it. I'll PM you mine after I submit this post.
I agree the weather could be a big factor. http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/USCO0239_f.html Thunderstorms are predicted. My wife and I are planning on going.
The Wal-mart at the Evergreen/El Rancho exit is a good place to meet. If we meet at 8:A.M. we can leave there by 8:30 and have time for two dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom