Tungsten weights for scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It will never even approach the density of a solid. This is basic matrix geometry.

It's true that tungsten shot will not be as dense as solid tungsten. The shot will be only about 70% the density of the solid.

It's true that lead shot is not as dense as solid lead. The shot will be only about 70% the density of the solid

But you've claimed that tungsten shot cannot be denser than solid lead... and this is untrue. Even if we are only comparing the two in air (i.e. forget the fact that water fills the voids when underwater),

density of tungsten shot = 70% density of solid tungsten = 70% of 19.3 g/cc = 13.5 g/cc

density of solid lead = 11.3 g/cc

Even in air, tungsten shot is 20% denser than solid lead.

This is not advanced logic, nor advanced science. I'm thinking this is maybe middle school level at best.

This is not advanced logic, nor advanced science. I'm thinking this is maybe middle school level at best.
I believe that you may be overestimating your audience

Back
Top Bottom