Tungsten weights for scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not that I really care but if one were to drill a hole partly through a block of lead, fill that hole with tungsten shot followed by linguists lead, or fill the hole with liquid lead followed by heated T-shot wouldn’t it end up more dense (heavier) than the original lead block?

yes, but that’s not pouring shot into a bag.

>I’m bored with this now<

What do you call a guy with no arms and no legs in a pile of leaves?

Russell.

This thread needed that.

Go to the bass fishing section of a sporting goods store. They make worm weights out of it, less than an ounce each. You string them together and make a necklace out of them. Due to their high price they get stolen quite often.

China says between $60 and $90. FOB.
MOQ of 100.
That's per Kg. And probably just a cube, I don't have a technical drawing for an actual dive weight.

So roughly 10x the cost of lead.

Bit spendy!

Not that I really care but if one were to drill a hole partly through a block of lead, fill that hole with tungsten shot followed by linguists lead, or fill the hole with liquid lead followed by heated T-shot wouldn’t it end up more dense (heavier) than the original lead block?

Yes. It seems everyone but one person agrees with you. There's even been several fruit analogies presented to support just what you're suggesting.

Back
Top Bottom